What non-cat people don't know!

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Onyxx

Non-cat people just dont know how funny cats are
dog-people in particular seem to think cats are rather boring with no personality.
I know! I've known several dog-only people who think a particular cat is very uncat-like because it's quirky, and I'm always like 'No, that's just cats'.

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My roommate is kinda like this... and she GREW UP with cats. I'm so confused.

She'll look at Hennessy and say "Down. Down. DOWN!" Then gets mad at him for not listening. (Meanwhile the dog has jumped off the sofa, laid down and rolled over). I glance over at the cat and he idly hops off.

Then she gets upset that the cat 'listens' to me. (no, he just knows I'll get up and MAKE him get down.)

She's just a dog-person, I suppose.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Non-cat people often don't know that our cats actually LIKE us! For goodness' sake, I swear some people think that all cats hide under the bed their whole lives and we just clean out the litterbox. They're genuinely surprised to find out that they snuggle, headbutt, greet us at the door, etc.

My bf isn't really a cat person (he says they usually don't like him, I think they don't get to know him and he expects them to be like dogs and so interprets unfamiliarity as dislike) but it's been so great to see the two of them become friends. I walked into the room to find her sitting on his lap the other day, and I knew he was converted!

And-- Forensic, yea. I know people who have had cats for decades who expect them to "listen" like a child would. It's absurd. Once they even commented, upon seeing one of ours on the dining table, "what a poorly-trained cat". What they don't know is that we just put out a freshly-washed tablecloth whenever we were going to use it... and so never told the cats they weren't allowed on it.

mia's mommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I feel bad for anyone that has never had a pet. I grew up on a farm so I've always been around animals and the love from them is totally different than people. It's almost like they are always children. Cats are too funny. I don't think non cat people will understand "cat crazies". When I tell friends about Mia getting a case of the cat crazies and running around they always ask what is wrong with her. All i can say is "nothing, she's a cat". And there is nothing like waking up on the couch to find your fr baby has snuggled into the like space in your arm to nap with you.

I think God made cats with a big smile on his face because they are one of his most special creations.