What new tv shows is everyone watching

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kookycats

One question --- on Law & Order SVU, guess I missed some of last season, but what happened to Stabler? Why is he gone?
Well, of course the real reason is because they didn't want to pay Chris Meloni what he wanted so he left. The story on the show about Stabler is that he was trying to help a girl (a rape victim? I think), but then she came into the station house with a gun and starting shooting so he had to kill her and it really messed with his head. Then IA started looking into all the other shootings he's been involved with (a lot!) so he decided to quit instead of dealing with all that.

I wasn't sure if I'd like SVU without Stabler but they seem to be doing well so far. I haven't been watching a lot of the new shows. I like Terra Nova (answer to all objections---things are bad in the future. They're working on a low budget and under bad conditions. They can't afford things like prison security and mandatory sterilization
). I think Unforgettable is OK but it hasn't "grabbed" me yet. I haven't seen any of the others.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kookycats

I love Mad Men, but haven't been able to find it. Does anyone know when it's on? I used to work for an Ad Agency in NY and can relate to so much of Mad Men.
The next season of Mad Men actually doesn't start until July 2012
but they're showing replays on Sunday mornings at 6, 7, and 8 a.m.- thank goodness for the DVR

Watched Pan Am tonight, finally- it was *ok* I'm gonna give it a couple more weeks to see if it grows on me. Still haven't gotten a chance ot watch terra Nova

Oh, and i din't know Dylan McDermott is in American Horror Story- I am FOR SURE checking it out now!

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stupid question BUTTTT is anyone gonna watch Kims Fairytale Wedding this coming Sunday and Monday????

Im totally cleaning out space on the DVR for it cuz we LOVE Keeping Up With The Kardashians...

resqchick

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Terra Nova!!!

I am already addicted to far too many shows, so I only added one series to my vast list.

My kids have all watched it with me (Terra Nova) and they love it too. It makes me want to force people to recycle.

The beginning of the first episode was hard to watch, but I think my kids got the message and that was important. i love this new series, we've waited for months for it to start.
that reminds me....it's on TONIGHT!!!

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been watching The Secret Circle, and so far that's about it. I will have to record it as I will be working second shift.

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just watched the second season premiere of Boardwalk Empire, and is looking great.

Also just a reminder that not this Sunday, but next on the 16th is the extended hour and a half premiere of season 2 of The Walking Dead, a great zombiepocolypse series!!!
Originally Posted by resqchick

My kids have all watched it with me (Terra Nova) and they love it too. It makes me want to force people to recycle.
Or get a vasectomy!
I'll warm up the van so we can pick up random people and TNR; the future depends on us!

momto3boys

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Secret Circle and The Hart of Dixie so far....

I watch them all online so I can add a new one at anytime

I also watch True Blood, Vampire Diaries, Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, Jersey Shore and I think that's it. Ohhhh Heartland, don't know how I forgot about that one!

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know what you will all think of me after I admit this, but I have been really looking forward to American Horror Story. Finally premiered tonight, and it was sick, and twisted, and I really, really like it.
I love horror, though...

FX is a great station for it, it's definitely not tame enough for network TV.

resqchick

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ducman69

Just watched the second season premiere of Boardwalk Empire, and is looking great.

Also just a reminder that not this Sunday, but next on the 16th is the extended hour and a half premiere of season 2 of The Walking Dead, a great zombiepocolypse series!!!

Or get a vasectomy!
I'll warm up the van so we can pick up random people and TNR; the future depends on us!
HEY! i have 4 kids!!! But they recycle. OH and if my sons don't start acting human, they can forget reproducing.
(Kidding)
I'll drive.

momto3boys

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mystik Spiral

I don't know what you will all think of me after I admit this, but I have been really looking forward to American Horror Story. Finally premiered tonight, and it was sick, and twisted, and I really, really like it.
I love horror, though...

Ohhhh I might have to look into this one.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

I love horror, though...

Crap, I forgot about that. One of my co-workers suggested I watch it and I was going to. And then I forgot.

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Playboy Club got cancelled..beh I was actually kinda enjoying that show. Its cheesey but I liked it. I took Pan Am out of the dvr it wasnt doing it for me at all. I was avoiding watching it so that was a big clue to delete it.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 3CatsN1Dog

The Playboy Club got cancelled..beh I was actually kinda enjoying that show. Its cheesey but I liked it. I took Pan Am out of the dvr it wasnt doing it for me at all. I was avoiding watching it so that was a big clue to delete it.
YAY! I wasnt the only one! LOL!
I am really liking Pan Am so far! I also started watching Prime Suspect and so far I like it a lot.
Body of Proof: Came on last year and got renewed and I have to say I like it. Its kind of like a female house.
I think I am going to check out Heart Of Dixie too.

But I CANNOT WAIT for Bones to start back! I love that show! If I had the money I would totally go to UT and major in Forensic Anthropology! Between Bones, The Body Farm Novel, and The Kathy Reichs novels I cant get enough of it. (Yes I am aware I am weird!)

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG DF and I were just talking about Bones last night. November 3rd...save some dvr space. Ive already got it programmed in. LOL Im so ready for Bones to start up again.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I recorded American Horror, can't wait to check it out! Also absolutely cannot wait until The Walking Dead, do you have a plan in place for the zombie-apocalypse?? I do

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I love horror, though...

I liked it to
I like the housekeeper

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by My4LLMA

I liked it to
I like the housekeeper
The housekeeper was good... But Jessica Lange was fantastic. And I'll never object to butt shots of Dylan McDermott.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'll never object to butt shots of Dylan McDermott.
There were quite a few of those

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I love horror, though...

I only had to hide behind my blankie twice LOL the show looks really good, but I have to wonder, how are they going to sustain it beyond one season?

their plan is lacking one important element- guns