What name did/do you use?

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mommie (that's how she spells it herself), and either Dad or Father.

My father's mom was Gramma, and my Mommie's Mom was Grams and her dad was Popo. I still call them Grams and Popo to family.

I can't imagine calling them by their first names. It would be so... culturally uncomfortable for me to even hear that. Like when Professors insist on being called by their first name. I just don't call them any name then. My brother-in-law still calls my parents Mr and Mrs (my last name), and shakes my dad's hand. What can I say, we're waspish.

I can't decide what I want my nephew to call me, and neither can my parents. I like "Auntie" better than "Aunt" because it would come out as something like "Annie Juwie" and sound really fun.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mom is Mom, Dad is Dad.

My Mother's parents are Gram and Gramp. My Dad's are Grandma *insert first name* and Grandpa *insert first name*.

My nephew calls DH's step-father Papa John which always cracks me up! (His name is John) My aunt goes by Noni.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

My Fathers side:
His father: Little Grandpa
His Mother: She died before I was born so I just call her "my dad's mother"

My Mothers side:
Her mother: Baba (The "Ba" sounds like it does in "Ball")
Her father: Giddo (rhymes with "key doe")
Her Grandmother: Big Baba ("Big" as in great, not large. She was only 4'10" tall)
Your post made me think, my step-siblings reffer to their mother's mother as little Grandma and my step-dad's mother as Big-Grandma. You can guess why!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My grandparents on my dad's side :

Pop & Granny

My grandparents on my mom's side:

Nanny & PawPaw

semiferal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mom and Dad/Daddy. Grandmothers were/are "Gram" or "Gramma". Both my grandfathers died before I was born so I never had any names for them.