What music/bands does everyone like??

bren.1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by mzjazz2u
Lucky girl! Have you taken a shower since then?
My thoughts exactly!! I think I would be unable to speak if I ever actually met him. He is someone I truly admire, and lust after, too. I've been listening to U2 since the mid 80s. I love how they keep reinventing themselves. Can't wait for their new CD, and tour. They are so amazing live, I really want to see them again, several times if I have the money and the time.

That is a great picture Sicy. He is so hot, I am so jealous.

dougbug

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i have always been a music fan, in my time i liked reo speedwagon, peter frampton, but i also like alot of the newer artist, most of the time i listen to 70's & 80's music, brings back good memories

junebug6771

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Anything from the 80's.

Faves... ZZ-Top, AC/DC, Def Leppard

Greatest Loves... Jon Bon Jovi and Rick Springfield

lucia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My favorite all around band (joining the crowd) is U2 as well!
I like most forms of music except blues and gospel.

I have to confess though that my favorite form of music is
opera. Living in NYC, I've had the luck to be able to see some
outstanding performances (and performers). I also have about
250 opera recordings.

Never one to be consistent however, I've recently developed a secret
fondness for Eminem. Go figure!

jillian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My favorite band is The Alkaline Trio. Some of my other 'most listened to' include The Slackers, The Pietasters, Brandtson, Billy Idol, Dashboard Confessional, and Jimmy Eat World. I love music. One of the best times of my life were the 3 horribly hot, sticky days at Woodstock '99! Live music is the greatest thing, IMO... I've been to nearly 100 shows since I was 12 years old!

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by bren.1
My thoughts exactly!! I think I would be unable to speak if I ever actually met him. He is someone I truly admire, and lust after, too. I've been listening to U2 since the mid 80s. I love how they keep reinventing themselves. Can't wait for their new CD, and tour. They are so amazing live, I really want to see them again, several times if I have the money and the time.

That is a great picture Sicy. He is so hot, I am so jealous.
I feel the same way. There is truly no other band on the planet that moves me like they do.

I never met them though
Just got pretty close at a couple concerts. I have friends that have met him or members of the band. So jealous...

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will listen to anything! The CDs I have on my desk right now include Great Big Sea, Dixie Chicks, Mommas and the Papas, Simon and Garfunkle, Josh Groban, The Big Bad Voodoo Daddies, The Super 70's, Hits of the 80's, Azucar (Spanish flamanco), Now 3-7, Avril Lavigne, Shakira, UK#1 hits of the 60's, Styx,Queen and Aselin Debison.

Aselin Debison and Great Big Sea are fantastic Canadian artists (she is only 13 and has signed a 5 CD deal with Sony Canada).

I also enjoy some harder rock, dance, alternative and the occasion urban music.

billchamb

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Broad range of music tastes for me as well:

Current faves are: In Flames, Opeth, Blind Guardian, Darkest Hour, Chimaira, Symphony X, Iced Earth, Deftones, Evanescence, John Hiatt, John Eddie, Chris Whitley, Glen Philips, Tori Amos, Tool/A Perfect Circle, Nine Inch Nails, Dio, Godsmack, Jars of Clay, Darden Smith, Spock's Beard, Queensryche, Fates Warning, Counting Crows, Creed...

Classically, favorite works: Mozart's Requiem, Tchaikovsky's first 3 Symphonies, Berlioz' Symphonie Fantastique, Mussourgsky's Pictures At An Exhibition, Verdi's Requiem, Strauss Waltzes, Wagner, Rossini, Barber's Adagio for STrings, Prokofiev's Lt. Kije Suite, piano sonatas, pipe organ music, choral music...

"Classic" rock: King Crimson, Genesis, Emerson Lake & Palmer, Peter Gabriel, Kansas, Styx, Journey, REO Speedwagon, Pink Floyd...

I avoid most C+W and rap/hiphop...just not my thing (just like my thing isn't for others)