What mixes does my cat look like?

harleybean

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! I have a ear old female cat that is very unique looking. She is tricolored with spots and stripes, and no tail. I've bottle fed her since she was 2 days old and she turned 1 yr in April. She's fantastic with dogs, walks on a leash and loves to cuddle with me. She likes water and playing with anything. She can jump from floor to the top of my refrigerator and can reach the top of the door frame chasing the laser light. Banshee doesn't care for other people and when she meets new people, and even after she knows them, she insists on growling, hissing, and smacking them for just looking at her wrong. She is extremely spunky and wild. Banshee has quite the attitude it everyone that isn't me and is not too shy to tell them or show them (like leaping at the face of the vet). She is an absolute character and I adore her. I'm just curious as to what she could be mixed with. I'm much more familiar with dogs and I would also like to learn different fitness and conditioning techniques for cats. She is clicker trained to do a small amount of things (sit, down, roll over, up) and can walk on leash but I'm looking to expand her activity as she is starting to get slightly pudgy :)

Last edited by a moderator:

natalie708

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Do you have a clearer picture? I'm not really sure myself but someone else may be able to help. Looks very pretty :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

harleybean

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh! I thought I had uploaded a bunch of pictures. I'm on my phone so it's tricky. Thanks :) She's my baby and I wish everyone else could see that side of her but she insists she's a crazy BA when she's around other people.

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
She is very beautiful :rbheart:

Her color and pattern would be called a Torbie and white. A torbie is a cat that is both a tortoiseshell (tortie) and a tabby pattern mixed together.

The red patches means she is a tortie and her tabby pattern is a mackerel pattern.

Her breed would be classed as a domestic shorthair.

You see the domestic (non pedigree ) cat population did not result from pedigree breeds being mixed together, like in the dog world. Actually it is quite the opposite. Domestic cats were here long before pedigree cat breeds existed - pedigree breeds of cat were created from the domestic cat population for a certain look or trait, not the other way around and are fairly new compared to pedigree breeds of dogs.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

harleybean

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! I looked up Torbie cats and I think that you are right. They look just like her. Thank you, I had no idea that's how cat breeds came about; I'm much more familiar with dogs. She's actually the first cat that I've owned rather than just fostered and it's been an awesome experience :)