What Mix Is My Adopted Cat?

Afterwinter

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is truffle, he is 8 months old with a sleek black coat with a chocolatey undercoat and long fur. He is 12 pounds! He recently started growing a grey mane. I'm wondering what breed he could possibly be? Thank you!

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would describe your handsome Truffle as a black domestic longhair. Solid black longhairs frequently have a lighter colored undercoat and ruff... that's perfectly normal for his color. Most cats, whether shorthair or longhair, are not any specific breed. He's a gorgeous guy, enjoy him! :)

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
8 months old and that big? Wow! And he is so handsome! You got a good-looking fella over there :)

Not a cat breed expert. But can it be possible that he has a maine coon in him as well?

Again, he is gorgeous!

Monotail

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Not a cat breed expert. But can it be possible that he has a maine coon in him as well?[/QUOTE said:
Probably not. It's been estimated that anywhere from 95% to 98% of the worldwide cat population isn't of any particular breed at all. So statistically, this cat almost certainly doesn't have a single drop of Maine Coon blood running thru his veins.

He's just a slightly bigger than average Domestic Longhair.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep! That’s the beauty of cats! They always will keep us guessing. Thanks for this info. ❤