What makes you feel old?

yourbriness763

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

~ thinking about my "twenties"
~ transitioning into my "thirties" (I'll be 31 next month)
~ not being able to go out & stay out all night but looking forward to sitting on my couch doing nothing
~ when my b/f tells me our house is like a library (I don't like loud noise anymore)

I could go on forever...turning 30 was & is still hard for me, as lame as that may sound to everyone else...1/3 of my life is over, I'm not married & have no children
[/SIZE [FONT]

jackbombay

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When skateboarding videos I watched obsessively as a teen are re-released as classics.

When I have to really talk myself into dropping cliffs on my snowboard that I used to drop repeatedly every time I went to the hill.

gray hair.

lack of hair on my head.

new hair on my shoulders.

foot pain.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

Watching everyone have babies. (I'm 31 and my babies are 8 and 12 and there will be no more babies for me)
Try being in high school and seeing that happen to old friends!
I feel twice my age!

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
seeing Fresh Prince of Bel Air on Nick at Night.... I still know half the episodes by heart and can sing the theme and its on nick at night...

Also seeing people younger than me getting married. But that also just makes me kind of angry but then very happy. Angry because My BF and I have been together for so long and have yet to even get engaged (we are 22) but happy knowing that we know each other so much better and have been together for so much longer (6 years) than 90% of the people we see getting married.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Everything.

Many of the song titles on the guilty thread, and I have no idea what they are talking about (admittedly, I never really listened to mainstream music much, and tend to listen to weird stuff, so maybe I have an excuse???).

When you see those "oldies" music compilations on commericals, and realize that you remember those songs! Thanks a bunch, marketing execs. You just made my day.

DH just made a great point, though: he said he's love to have his body back, but then again, his mind is a lot "bigger" then when he was young, that is, he knows so much more, knows how to solve problems better, etc.

When I feel old, I just think about my older cats--in CAT years, they are a LOT older than me!

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
other things...

i catch myself saying "back in the day" when telling stories
oh and at my job i see these kids in training and thing theres no way they are 16! -younger people looking alot younger than they are.
most of my friends are younger than me- im 31
also sad about not being married/or engaged but BF of 4 years says its coming really soon so we shall see...dont even think we want kids tho
-getting annoyed with the silly teeny boppers at the mall
-not as risk taking! when i was younger i would do anything, now im always pre thinking everything i do and what can happen