What makes you fat?

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My next door neighbor lost weight just by taking out the candy bars- she was eating three a day! Anyway, on WW you are supposed to have just two servings of milk.. I was having maybe 1/2 serving. If you don't drink milk you are supposed to take calcium supplements and increase your protein servings to three a day from two.

Oh, I tried Atkins a couple years ago.. I lost maybe ten pounds in a month or two, but I have put in on back twice as much at least. Plus I think it started me on some unhealthy habits, such as not eating fruit every day like I had been.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Even looking at McDonalds makes me gain about 5lbs!
Kenz, I just noticed you named the new kittah!! I haven't been on all weekend as the internet hasn't been hooked up yet..What a cute name Davidson is

Sorry for the highjack

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even after I've lost all the weight I still have moments of weakness. I can't walk past a Dip and Dots stand and not get some. I also have had dreams about a Bacon Egg and Cheese McMuffin from McDonalds.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe

Don't call him skinny then. That's like calling a woman fat.
It's supposed to catch up with you later in life, but it hasn't happened to me yet. I'm not complaining though. I feel lucky.
Aww...I'd never call him skinny. He's perfect to me at any weight (but I'm definitely not an objective party
).

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ButterflyDream

Well honestly I think it's all in the portions, and a person's metabolism. I was put on Seroquel last May, at the point I was put on it I weighed 178lbs.

By the next August/September time frame I had gone from 178lbs to 240lbs. Which is a pretty significant weight gain especially for me as I have never ever been over 200lbs.

Now I've actually stopped the medication myself (it's an antipsychotic but they gave it to me to help me sleep and to try and stabilize my mood swings). And I'm holding steady at 233 and not dropping despite changing how much I'm eating through the day and the like.

It's very frustrating. I can't pin it on any one food in particular.
The medication can definitely affect your metabolism. I'm sure that's part of it.

Please, please, though, be CAREFUL about taking yourself off the Seraquel. My MIL has been on it for years and stopped taking it a few years ago. She had a terrible reaction and ended up in the hospital for almost a week. Seraquel is a medication that you should go off gradually, under a doctor's care. Please, if you start feeling even a little off, get to your doctor right away.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by goosehazel

I'm pretty sure everything except broccoli and water makes me fat
-but I bet broccoli and water makes you fart.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

Even after I've lost all the weight I still have moments of weakness. I can't walk past a Dip and Dots stand and not get some. I also have had dreams about a Bacon Egg and Cheese McMuffin from McDonalds.
Ooohhhh.... McDonalds breakfast is the devil!! I love it sooo much, but I haven't had it in forever cuz I feel fat and huge for the rest of the day!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

For me I think its fast food, I love fast food and eat it more than I should
LOL! I actually think being on Lexapro has made me gain some weight. It is really weird I actually weighed less right after I had my daughter, than what I do now. That is what is sad
I am in desperate need of getting back in shape, and I would be happy.
But that means getting motivated, and I dont know if I can handle that!! J/K