What litter is everyone using?

creativgirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm using Dr. Elsey's Precious Cat, too and I love it! I started with the Senior Cat (while my cats aren't seniors, my Oliver has idiopathic cystitis), but the Precious Cat clumps better and is easier to scoop (and therefore easier to keep clean).

gaogier

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
we dont get litter anymore, they never use it... they go in our garden, in one corner which has sand... for our garden plant. We have to replace this every so often (once per week) but they will only go in there...

one of our cats goes on our dead grass (pees) and when he dose this, it gives the grass about 2 days full green area then it dies again. This is due to it being on chalk, nothing else, just chalk...

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have the Tidy Cats Breeze system and I love it. There's no odor and no tracking of the litter/pellets on the rug.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Creativgirl

I'm using Dr. Elsey's Precious Cat, too and I love it! I started with the Senior Cat (while my cats aren't seniors, my Oliver has idiopathic cystitis), but the Precious Cat clumps better and is easier to scoop (and therefore easier to keep clean).
I use the Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract. I tired to go cheaper and easier to obtain by buying litter at the grocery store, but I was disappointed. It was so dusty, and did a terrible job of odor control. I have gone back to the cat attract and I think the cats are happier too. They seem to be digging more than they were with the other litter.

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My top choices are

1. Arm and Hammer Multi cat
2. Tidy Cats immediate odor control
3. Arm and Hammer Super Scoop
4. Tidy Cats regular
5. Tidy Cats anti microbial

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another Dr Elsy fan. The clumps are rock hard and never break apart. For a multi cat family this was a must. I tried Feline Pine which was ok with just Mary. Shweat Scoop which broke apart. WBCL which smelled rank once it was used.
I am happy with Cat Attract and the cats are too. No smell. Lasts a long time and I don't have any tracking either.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lorina

I'm now using WBCL with the little ones and I'm impressed enough to buy a big bag and start switching everyone over. Except that I have about 50-60 pounds of clay clumping litter left, so it's going to take a while before I need it.
You could always donate it to your local shelter.

Originally Posted by CC12

WBCL which smelled rank once it was used.
Interesting. I love WBCL and I live in a small (1100 sq. ft.) bungalow with 2 cats and 2 litter boxes. The boxes are scooped daily but only changed completely out every 6-8 weeks and people (who I trust to tell me the truth) say there is no litter odour when they come in. We also keep the boxes in our bedrooms and do notice an odour if Bijou decides to use the litter after we get into bed but fortunately the odour doesn't last very long - about the same as a human using the bathroom and flushing.

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CC12

WBCL which smelled rank once it was used.
I am happy with Cat Attract and the cats are too. No smell. Lasts a long time and I don't have any tracking either.
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Interesting. I love WBCL and I live in a small (1100 sq. ft.) bungalow with 2 cats and 2 litter boxes. The boxes are scooped daily but only changed completely out every 6-8 weeks and people (who I trust to tell me the truth) say there is no litter odour when they come in.
It has to be a cat chemistry type thing with the litter. I tried WBCL with Phoenix and then with Gigi/Steve and I couldn't bear the smell and it really lingered in our house. It was actually the worst of all the litters and Gigi/Steve really didn't like using it.

I know majority of people of are very happy with WBCL but for whatever reason, it didn't work for us. Steve/Gigi really like Dr. Elsey's so I'm sticking with that for now.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Russian Blue

It has to be a cat chemistry type thing with the litter. I tried WBCL with Phoenix and then with Gigi/Steve and I couldn't bear the smell and it really lingered in our house. It was actually the worst of all the litters and Gigi/Steve really didn't like using it.
same here - plus, it didn't work really well in the automated boxes i use.

wendyr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Never used WBCL, but you are totally right about how what is absolutely AMAZING for one cat/cat owner is not so great for another.

When we first took our kittens in, my friend (who has three cats) recommended a brand of litter they sold here in our local pet shop (it's called Pura). I have used it for the past few months, and though the cats do really love it, I am less than satisfied with its clumping, tracking issues and just overall performance- and, it is expensive. I was discussing this with my friend, and she says it clumps -for them - amazingly and is the best litter she has ever used. Hm.

We are in the process of finding a new litter . I have purchased a small bag of a litter called Cats Best Oka Plus, and so far, I love it. The cats, however, are still not sure.....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rustypixel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, I'm here to report that I purchased Nature's Miracle and use it in two litter boxes. Both boxes have been used and the upstairs box is in a small bathroom that would definitely let you know if there was something funky smelling in there. I have to say I'm quite impressed with this litter. The clumps are fairly hard and they stay together. Then again I scoop carefully and don't bounce the scooper around too much. The scent is a bit strong, but not unpleasant. The odor of the litter itself is not so strong that it can be smelled all over the house. There is a light scent of pine in the air and it's more noticeable when you first open and poor the bag as it's a new scent. I like the fact that I can go to the upstairs bathroom and not smell the litter box. Well, I get a light smell of pine, but no urine or poop. The smell of combined urine/poop and pine is only present when scooping the box. After that there is nothing. As far as tracking goes, it's a light litter and it tracks. I haven't had a cat in over 14 years and I can't really remember what is "normal" for tracking. It gets on the floor and it's nothing than a handy vac can't handle.
I was planning on using this litter in combination with Ultra Pearls, but I no longer plan to get the pearls. This litter is working fine for me and I'm happy with it. Thanks to all that posted as your replies were appreciated.

kkh

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've used Tidy cats, Scoop Away, Fresh Step, Arm & Hammer Odor Alert etc etc but now I use Swheat Scoop on the surface & Feline Pine(original) on the bottom.