What lead you to do what you do?

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I always wanted to teach or be a lawyer. I teach Law
perfect job for me!

I did a couple of dead end jobs before getting married and, after leaving work to have my daughter, decided I would never go back to work if it meant being pushed around for terrible pay in the future. So, I went to University and did a Law degree. It was the best thing I ever did, I grew so much as a person and now I do the job I have always wanted to do.

I could earn more as a practising lawyer and was offered a very nice salary to go back a couple of years ago, but chose to stay where I was - being happy is much more important than money to me.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

What brought you to your present job? What about you guys, like Miss Mew? Did you always want to be a pilot??
Hey Susie

When I was about 7 years old my dad, Uncle Linden and Uncle Frank took me to the London International Airshow (here in Canada...not England) and I went around and got autographs from the military pilots. There was one pilot that was flying the F-111 Aardvark from somewhere in the southern United States. He was super nice to me and picked me up and showed me the inside of his airplane. He told me that he was going to be performing in the show and he would rock his wings for me (probably part of his show normally)...but he got up there and sure enough he did rock his wings in a "hello" flyby. I was hooked from that moment on!

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course I always wanted to be a vet when I was little but I hated school and didn't apply myself to get the kind of grades it takes for that. I was working at a factory making circuit boards and such, hating every minute of it, and one day I sat down at my spot at the lunch table and right there in front of me was an ad in a paper for a vet tech position at a clinic near my house. I had no experience and surprisingly they hired me and 10 years later, here I am!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Did you always want to be a pilot??
.....Susie, I to love your sentence!....

well about us...
.......So in order to that...I´m the pilot and Gema is a homewife at the moment!
....She´s happy, I ask to her if she don´t want to get a job, and we analizing the stuffs for both sides,...furthermore, here in our city the jobs of middle of time are not well paid...
.....So she continue as Home Keeper!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

rats, I think I spelled lead wrong in my title......I think it should be led.........hopefully Wyan won't notice!
Originally Posted by Lauren227

no, you spelled it correctly - that word is pronounced differently depending on usage - can be pronounced either /led/ or /leed/ - like read.
There's also the Lead as in the lead of a pencil. But you only spell it that way if you're talking about the atom...I use to love Chemistry, why did I go into computers again?!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I studied Interior Design in college, which I love. But an associates degree in my town will get you no where in it. So I tried to get a few clerical jobs and it just wasn't working.

So my Mom told me that her company does free clerical training programs. So I checked it out and went through the training. (It was sponsored by the workforce investment board) I got an Administrative Assistant Certificate. Then they helped me with my job search.

I have to say they were excellent with helping in my job search. They hired me a month after I completed my training! My company also works with people with disabilites. We help people get ready to be sucessful in the workplace besides the clerical training. We have some clients that come for the other job services other than clerical training.

So I was hired as an assistant in the classroom. Then my boss had to move and I was promoted to a full time Instructor. I teach all areas of clerical training, plus what we call Job Seeking Skills and Soft Skills. It's been harder than just being an assistant, but then any area in Human Services is hard. But I like that I get to care for people who don't care for themselves very much. I see that with so many clients, not all, but a lot. I get to help them see where their tallents are. I like that. The worst part of my job is that it does require a lot of love, even when you don't feel like it. For the most part I do like my job, but was it a goal of mine? Nope! The best part is I work with my mother every day!

staciej

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm very much unemployed. Although I am a full-time student (and plan to remain one in the summer, as well
)

I have my A.A.S. in culinary arts and then a semester before I was done realized that I did in fact want to get my Bachlor's, but not in HRMT. Instead I wanted to have a social science and somehow this social science ended up being political science with a minor in english.

As for what I'm going to do with it...get a job with decent pay. No more retail or resturants for me! I've worked as a cashier and in a groccery store (cheese shop) and as a line cook/sous/tandoori oven worker.

I actually am hoping to find a job working for a city government or as a case worker. Telecommunications is something I'm looking into, but with my B.A. and minor in English who knows? Any takers?

pandybear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
iv'e always been good at art, straight A's, i didn't do anything with it for a long time, i always drew animals but never for anyone else, then i saw a book called 'animals that touch the heart' it's by a woman who paints animals in pastel and they looked so real that i had to try it, i brought a heaps of pastels and paper and got very good, soon people started to ask me to do one for them, so i started my own business doing pet portraits in pastel and i love it more than anything.

there's always new animals to paint and it never gets boring, i couldn't ask for a better job

the only thing i'm annoyed with right now is i'm having trouble with my site and haven't been able to download new work for ages, iv'e asked them to fix it so many times but they never do, i may have to change servers after the move.