What kitty litter do you use and why?

punkygirl0101

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cats are not going to eat cat litter. I have absolutely no concern for that whatsoever.

I don't like clumping litter because it starts smelling faster, and gets filled up faster. 23 cats use my cat boxes! I use Tidy cats, multicat clay cat litter. Works very well for the many multiple cats I have. I get 50 pounds for 6$ at Costco. I go through a LOT of cat litter.

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As silly as this sounds, my cat picks her own litter out. Over the past year and a half I've tried countless brands and types from clumping to clay to scented or not. Maggie prefers the cheapest junk on the market and unscented. Great for my checking account but pheww the dust! I've tried more expensive litters and she's gone as far as dragging things like dirty socks over it. (I've since moved the litter box away from the washer/dryer lol) If she likes it, I'm happy with it.

________
Cat - owned by Maggie and Auggie

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We use what ever is cheapest or best value since we have 5 cats it is expensive and we go through a bag of litter a week if not more. But we tend to get Fresh Step a lot and some other kind that smells good cant remember teh name!

meowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We use WBCL (worlds best cat litter) and I love it.

My SO wishes we still used Fresh Step scoopable (because it really covers up any smellys), but its so bad for you! WBCL is made from corn so its good for cats and people with asthma/allergies.

WBCL is very easy to scoop clean, doesnt track bad like some healthy litters, and dust free. I buy it at the grocery store when its in sale (plus a sticker coupon) and only pay about 6$ for a good sized bag.

When i have the money, i think we'll get a self cleaning litter box, and then the search will begin for us!

beachannie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I use Ultra Pet's Tracksless Litter Pearls. I put a beachtowel under Shorty's box and it really doesn't track
Plus it last for such a long time. And I get free bags from the company with thier Frequent Buyer Program...I save the UPC's and when I have 6 I mail them in and they send me a new bag. Too Cool and the litter absorbs all the smell and I wouldn't change it for the world

anita1216

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I used Yesterdays News with my cat, smell was never an issue for me. I cleaned her litter box every other day. I only used it for the last year or so she was alive, before that I used a clay litter and never had an issue with smell.

One of the main reasons for switching to the YN was for my rats litter boxes. Does a remarkable job with smell and makes cleaning up after the little bums so much easier

I plan to use a different litter for the new kitten, so I am watching this closely.

devanagara

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I use World's Best which is made from corn. It really is great, I highly recommend it. There is absolutely no dust when you scoop, and the clumps are very small. Since it is biodegradable, I feel completely comfortable flushing it down the toilet.

The one drawback is that it tracks like crazy! I have to vacuum the litterbox area frequently.

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Devanagara

I use World's Best which is made from corn. It really is great, I highly recommend it. There is absolutely no dust when you scoop, and the clumps are very small. Since it is biodegradable, I feel completely comfortable flushing it down the toilet.

The one drawback is that it tracks like crazy! I have to vacuum the litterbox area frequently.
I tried it, and it has its good qualities, but the area of the litterbox and the cat himself started smelling like Bourbon whiskey. I don't like Bourbon.

devanagara

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zane's Pal

I tried it, and it has its good qualities, but the area of the litterbox and the cat himself started smelling like Bourbon whiskey. I don't like Bourbon.
How weird! I'll have to see what happens in summer when it's hot...maybe my house will turn into a brewery, too.

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Devanagara

How weird! I'll have to see what happens in summer when it's hot...maybe my house will turn into a brewery, too.
Distillery, not brewery. There's a difference.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just use no name brand or whatever is cheapest. Trout doesn't care, and I don't care so we agree not to care.