what kitty breed did I adopt?

nekohugger

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I recently adopted a 5 month kitten and am wondering what the breed might be. He has a gray marking like an "M" on his head, green eyes, long whiskers, ear hair and feet hair and his tail is super fluffy! I have never seen a cat tail like this and so it has peaked my interest, any suggestions? :wavey:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I think he could get a job as Turkish Angora, at some place where they dont look too closely at papers nor certificates.  Taken by looks he  should pass nicely.

Turkish angoras proper, arent not just longhaired, usually white (nowadays are other colors allowed too, though), but they shall look  slender and noble, with longish neck.

Which is a good description of him.   :)

Ps.  this M is not the tabbyM.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

nekohugger

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for replying! :D so i googled turkish angora and i think you hit the nail! Or at least, some distant relative might have been an angora. Physically, I noticed that he has the same tail and cheek bones which i always thought looked like he didnt eat as much as he does because they're a bit hollow. It also looks like he might be growing in the awesome chest coat of theirs. I tried searching angora kittens but i could only find pics of them super small and fluffy. I also checked out the "tabby M" you mentioned and you're right, his "M" looks more like a spot compared to theirs lol. Hes very outgoing, kind, smart, likes to be touched and is loves to play. The first week i got him i bathed him and he didnt scratch or yell once, a turkish angore temperament from the looks of things, thank you again!:wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

olliewalrus

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Definitely looks like he could be Turkish Angora with his long slender body, long neck, smaller face, and super fluffy tail. Beautiful.

nekohugger

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you Ollie! :woohoo: His name is Mellow, Mel mel, Mel-san, Melsmellow or white beard. BUT, his shelter and the vet have him down as "cotton two", at first I believed "cotton" was his sister I also wanted to adopt but his medical papers state "short hair canine" :smshfrk: so who knows what's what. I recently had the vet update his name in their system to Mellow though, it was too confusing on both ends.

nekohugger

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you Norachan! woohoo.gif His name is Mellow, Mel mel, Mel-san, Melsmellow or white beard. BUT, his shelter and the vet have him down as "cotton two", at first I believed "cotton" was his sister I also wanted to adopt but his medical papers state "short hair canine" smashfreak.gif so who knows what's what. I recently had the vet update his name in their system to Mellow though, it was too confusing on both ends.

nekohugger

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry I'm a newbie and totally got the responses mixed up but thank you Ollie!!!:lol3: :lol3::lol3:

ellag

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
as soon as i saw his picture i thought "turkish angora" and a very beautiful cat!