What kind?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jen

I have 8 cats and use Zoom Groom on them all and there is not a ton of hair flying around. Not more then in a usual grooming. There seems to be a particular way of doing it. You have to continuously go in the same direction. The excess hair that doesn't stay on the Zoom Groom pretty much bunches up near the butt, after you get a bit of hair on the zoom groom, then go over the bunched up hairs and it picks them all up and you continue on zoom grooming
DO NOT stop in the middle and pull off the hair that is stuck on the zoom groom. Leave it on, it makes the rest of the hair stick and not go flying around.
Your right- when I was using it, I was going the same way the whole time- but I would take the hair out after a few strokes. When I brushed him the other day, I kept all the hair in there and it seemed to work MUCH better! I had a kitten by time I was finshed brushing him!
Thanks so much for the great tip!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Heres what Helen got off of Sev
That's the size of a cat by itself!

I'd never heard of these things until this thread. Maybe I should look into them as well...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

That's the size of a cat by itself!

I'd never heard of these things until this thread. Maybe I should look into them as well...
They work wonders (The Zoom Groom does anyways, I don't have the Shed Ender or Furminator... yet!)! Harley is slowly learning to like it. Today he sat with me (which hardly EVER happens) and let me brush him for about 20 minutes! He was purring and even gave me a kiss!
Which is odd for him, I'm so happy he's learning to love it- Davidson on the other hand... not a fan, but he'll learn. Whether he likes it or not

Plus- they are pretty cheap, I got mine at Petsmart for $6!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

I brush with the Furminator about once a week and the zoom groom (and comb for Scully who gets matted easily) every other day
I always thought to myself how beautiful and smooth and sleek your cats coats were (especially with more than one longhair cat). They are all like walking advertisements for these products.