What kind of trees does everyone have?

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

You all have nice trees.
I also have a huge Fig, 2 Grapefruit.2 Orange,Loquat,Kumquat,Almond,Jujube,2 avocado,cherry tree,persimmon,pomegranate,2 dwarf pomegranate,banana.
Oh nice, i'm gonna ask about a few of your trees-

Pomegranate - what size does a dwarf and a full size become? We've been here almost a year and i still don't know
Ours is shorter than my height, and has fruited already since we've been here.

Kumquat - can it be mistaken for a young mandarin plant? We've had no fruit on this plant, it's only a couple of feet high and i certainly know it's a citrus.

Cherry - do find you have enough fruit on it, i've read that alot of people have trouble getting a nice full crop.

Almond - can you also mistake them for apricots , when do the almonds become ready to eat?

I don't have any of the other fruits you listed but i know how the rest of what we have goes

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
We have a giant Black Walnut in the back corner of our yard and it shades 2/3 of the yard in the summer. I love it.

There's also a little Hybrid Mulberry tree in the front yard...it's a weird little tree, about 6 ft tall, looks like a mulberry but was apparently crossed with a pussywillow tree so it's this cute little umbrella that has big fuzzy pussywillows in the spring.

There's also a nice hedge of Cedars, but they actually belong to our neighbours.

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have 4 huge Plumeria trees, that were only 6 inches tall when I planted them about 6 years ago, and now they are huge!!! Well over my head. And that is after being trimmed back about 2 years ago to a stub! They are so beautiful, and their smell is intoxicating!!!!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

We have:

a Manitoba Red Maple
a Blue Spruce (beautifully shaped and tall)
a Cherry Tree (sour/cooking cherries)
a Peach Tree
a Honey Locust
a Chestnut
a Lilac
and another that I can never remember the name of but has beautiful flowers somewhat like a lilac in shape.
Peach and sour cherry? So, when I can I come and make pie???? You pick, I'll cook and everyone can eat!!!

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Where I live, they call it, "Piney Woods of Texas" because we have tons of
Pine Tress. The pines in my yard are at the very least 75 ft tall. We also have very large Oaks.