What kind of tabby? Cinnamon maybe?

SoftAries

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Everywhere I go I get, "oh my gosh, she's so pretty, what kind of coat is that?" And I never have an answer. I've done enough research now to tentatively say cinnamon agouti tabby, but I'm no expert. She has a real cool mix of darker stripes, tan and even reddish orange, which makes me wonder if there's a delute patching of colour going on too? What do you guys think? 🤔

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
On last pic she seems to be a tortie, ie classic tabby + tortie, making her a torbie... Essentially alike pal whom is broken mackerel as base.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SoftAries

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
On last pic she seems to be a tortie, ie classic tabby + tortie, making her a torbie... Essentially alike pal whom is broken mackerel as base.
Oh wow! I didn't even consider that as a possibility. I have only seen classic torties, with a large black base, never thought they could come in tabby. But I googled and she does look fairly similar to mackerel torbie/ tabby

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SoftAries

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
they are both beautiful but the other one has flames! my god she's pretty.
I feel so lucky to have found them both 😭

Her "flames" though, I love that! Her orange bits are my fave. She's actually why I have kittens at all. It's a long story, but something traumatic motivated me to refocus my Scottish straight quest and adopt a calico kitten instead (I'm not sure if that's the name for her coat) once I saw her on the adoption site for the local shelter I entered the raffle for her, I couldn't get over how pretty she was. I won because no one wanted the poor girl! Interestingly enough.

Here's her picture from the shelter site, all bloated and scrawny 🤐

Attachments