What kind of shampoo do you use?

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Garnias Fructis. And I was using John Freida Brilliant Brunette. Both are amazing shampoos! I think that shampoo is the one thing you really have to splurge and get the good stuff. Cheap stuff is just bad for my hair!

slitty_kittay

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I used pantene for years and my hair was really long, thick and shiny...

The only reason I dont use it now is that its hard to find in sweden.

occasionally a hairdresser would say not to use it, for all sorts of reasons, but I figured it was probably just so that I would buy their brands instead - I always had great hair with it so I didnt change. Also I'm a student, so salon ones are a bit pricey for me right now

I have Sunsilk care and repair shampoo right now - I dont know if I like it yet..

diane8704

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am currently using the pantene brunette expressions...I love it! I had to switch from the thermasilk because every so often you are supposed to switch them out, or they are less effective. The conditioner usually lasts me awhile because I only apply it to my ends, not the roots of my hair everytime.
So, for now, its pantene. Who knows what I will use next.

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really like the Neutrogena shampoos/conditioners
I don't use salon brands b/c frankly I never found one that done anything any different form the drugstore brands. I've tried them all. I have a ton of different shampoos/conditioners in my shower, I use them depending on mood. Shampoo/conditioner pairs I have right now are:

Pantene Smooth & Sleek
Fructis
Brilliant Brunette
Citre Shine
Neutrogena
Dove
Finesse

You can HARDLY get around in my shower, that's why Shy never gets in mine, he always uses the hall bathroom shower

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Garnier Fructis, but I really like the Joico lne you can buy at the salons better.. I'm sad that I can't afford it.. (oddly, thouhg jason uses the Paul Mitchell tea tree stuff..)

purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't found "the one" for me yet. Right now I'm using Aussie Dual Pursonality because it claims to balance the PH and I thought that sounded nice. I don't really like it.

Do you people that get them off ebay ever worry they're expired or that someone mixed in some cheaper shampoo with it or anything? I've thought about ordering some off ebay, but I was worried about that.

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been using one shampoo and it's matching conditioner for a year now. I did switch off on occasion because I was curious as to some of the newer stuff coming out for redheads; however, the ONLY thing that works for my hair is Neutragena Cream Lather shampoo (called "Triple Moisture"). The matching conditioner is called Triple Moisture as well but it says "daily deep conditioner" on it. It's awesome stuff!

Both the shampoo & conditioner have Olive, Meadowfoam and Sweet Almond extracts in them... stuff I know that works cuz I bought the essential oils off eBay and used them 'neat' --- direct on my skin & hair.

My hair type is thick, naturally curly (a spiral curl) and very very picky about stuff.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for sharing everyone! Keep em coming.

As for buying off ebay. I dont worry because I always pay with paypal. and you get a buyers protection guarntee on that. and I only buy product thatis new and sealed

jillian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We use Suave most of the time, but right now we're trying out Dove's line of hair care products.