What kind of milk do you like to drink?

alicatjoy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a huge milk drinker. I always have been and I always will be. When I was younger, we would go through gallons of milk a week. How I didn't weigh a ton is beyond me
. Actually, how I've been able to break so many bones in my lifetime is the better question

I voted for 2% milk. I abhor the taste of whole milk and I think equally of skim. I used to drink 1% as I thought it to be healthier, but my doctor and nutritionist have both pushed me to drink 2%. I used to be bitter about it, but, truth be told, I much prefer the taste. And, since I do drink milk by the glass full, taste matters.

I'll occasionally still pick up a gallon of 1%, but I usually stick with my regular 2%. And, even though my roommate drinks Silk and rice milk, I wouldn't dream of it. I tried the chocolate versions once and almost gagged! It's just not for me. I like me some cow's milk. I think I'd die if I ever became lactose intolerant.

The doctors have said recently that my obsession with milk could be a symptom of my diabetes. Thankfully, they've not told me to cut down. But, I do have to be careful. I've noticed that when the cravings become strong that my blood sugar is high. So, I've had to watch my intake, but, even now, I am thinking of a nice, cold glass of milk. Yum, yum!

just mike

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually drink 2% but only if it is really cold and always with chocolate of some kind. Hopefully chocolate cake

just mike

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by parsleysage

Do you drink milk? What kind is your favorite?
I just noticed buttermilk wasn't on the list ;( I have to have a glass of it at least once a year. I do cook with it frequently.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont drink milk. Cant stand to. But I will put it on cereal
I use either whole or 2% for cereal. Then give the milk left in the bowl to hubby