What kind of litterbox does everyone use?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i have 4 littermaids [different ages/models] & 5 cats. unfortunately, i have nowhere else to put a box, or i'd add one.
just had to trash the newest box, tho - it was having major problems. the new one i got this week is doing well, tho.
i like my oldest, simplest one the best - but they're hard to find unless you order from the site - & target is cheaper.
i saw a new automated box @ petsmart, tho - didn't know if it would fit my space, but i was really tempted to try it. if i hadn't already bought a new littermaid i would've, i think. under $100, one of those round, continuous ones. here's a link: automated litterbox

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^I'm out of rooms to stash boxes in, too. I can't use the bathrooms because Sherman shreds toilet paper and the kittens play with the soap?
And I'm not using the kitchen, humans and cats eat in there (and that's where their water is). I think as long as there isn't issues, the boxes are clean, and you're not having a kitty pile up at the litter boxes that you don't have to have 2 per cat. But if you have more than one cat you should have more than one box.

Originally Posted by kara_leigh

As in "allergic" or as in "being a man" (no offense intended towards any of the male cat lovers on this site)? lol
I'm sure it's the latter. I always ask mine why he thinks he's too good to scoop the boxes and apparently it's ok for me to do that job?
What is it with so many guys?

Thankfully, I have no children and intend not to. I do not want to know what he'd do faced with a diaper change, leave it for someone else?.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

I'm sure it's the latter. I always ask mine why he thinks he's too good to scoop the boxes and apparently it's ok for me to do that job?

Thankfully, I have no children and intend not to. I do not want to know what he'd do faced with a diaper change, leave it for someone else?.
My husband is "allergic" to changing the litter box also. lol

dutchess

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! Yes, you will read endless of posts from those who love the Booda dome. I am a Booda fan as well, though not of the dome. I think it was a mistake for the company to produce this product, and here are my reasons.

1) In comparison to past models of the Booda "Box," the walls of the dome are not high enough to keep urine from seeping under the lid. There is nothing worse, if you happen to actually completely dump the litter and physically scrub the dome, to lift the lid and then find your hand saturated with cat urine.

2) In comparison to past models of the Booda "Box," cat urine has more of a chance to reach the charcoal filter and you may not notice this for some time, as who would think that could happen?

3) In comparison to past models of the Booda "Box," when you dump the litter from the dome, you have to either be outside or ensure you have a bag that will not allow for the litter to overspill. With past models, dumping the litter was easy as you could angle the litter to flow down one of the corners, very little chance of overspilling the litter.

4) In comparison to past models of the Booda "Box," there isn't much room for the cat inside the dome.

For the cost of the Booda "Dome," save yourself the aggravation and purchase another brand, in the shape of a box. Much easier to clean and maintain, and with the walls being higher and the filters on the top, less chance of urine spillage.

Sincerely,

Colleen Smith

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

I just had a fight about this with my ex who still lives here.
He's also "allergic". The fight started when I was out with my friends, came home and noticed that he had blocked the litterboxes so that the cats couldn't get in. Why did he do that? Because the cats had used the boxes while I was gone and he "couldn't" clean the boxes to get rid of the smell because it's my job to do that, so he covered the doorways...
If someone has an extra pair of brains, he would really need them!!