What kind of internet service do you have?

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've been using cable for almost nine years, the company has been thru three changes of ownership. The first one was great. After the second took over the level of service dropped. It was especially bad if you used their modem. The third change was for the better.

The phone company does offer DSL but the service area is limited and they don't think our state is worth investing in.

Truthfully, I've had it so long, it works, and I don't see myself changing any time soon.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
We got DSL as soon as it became available in our (semi-rural) area. The modem provided was of pretty inferior quality, so I bought another one.
We've had DSL at school (in a major city) for quite a few years, but it's much slower, I suppose because of the number of computers using the line.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have Cable.

I would not be a happy girl if I had dial-up...even DSL is too slow for me! Of course, we had T3 lines in the dorms so I got very used to those babies bac in the day! Now I have to be satisfied with Cable, which is fine in terms of speed but the company I get it through (and it is a big national company, I think, which starts with "c" and ends with "omcast") is just AWFUL!! Too bad there's no other providers in my area...