What kind of cat/

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

racn1320

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I dont mind her sleeping with me,just dont want to roll over and hurt her,is there a way without hurting her feelings to get her in her own bed?

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Racn1320

Just got her but thinking of Bristol for the name
just LOVE the name bristol!!!!

I dont mind her sleeping with me,just dont want to roll over and hurt her,is there a way without hurting her feelings to get her in her own bed?
If you got her a little mat that you could place next to you - the kind filled with catnip that you can heat up...she might like that.....you can try placing it really close to you and then a little farther away each night.

you are her meowmy, she wants to sleep with you. . . .

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

sweet that for posting misty,she is really cool,and loving,she sleeps with me every night,im just afraid of sleeping im might roll on top of her,so i try and stay in 1 spot only,she is so small,i tried to take her downstairs las night and put her on the couch and shut my door,when i walked up the stairs she looked so sad and within 2 min she was crying so i had to let her back in.
I was happy to post the pic. She's so cute! I don't think you need to worry about rolling on her at night. When I first got my two, I was the same way about them sleeping with me, but now they come and go and I don't even know it most of the time (unless I wake up with them on me). I think you'll really get to enjoy her being in the bed with you. Bristol is such a cute name.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A small chain of pet stores in this area sells kittens but they don't get them from mills. They take in unwanted litters. The rescues still don't like it because they give people an out for their unwanted litters but the small rescues bring their kittens there when they are full. I got one of my cats there and she was health checked, dewormed, and shots were up to date. The main problem I have with them is that the kittens are sold intact. Of course I got her spayed but by doing that they could very well be perpetuating the problem.

happy cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover77

I also have been rejected by a shelter to adopt a cat, due to me being a renter and my young age at the time.

I ended up buying my cat at a pet store, she is a maine coon and mutt mix.
She grew up to be super fluffy and big. Best $50 I ever spent.

Kitten mills are awful, but if shelters were more open minded, I think a lot more animals would find good homes.
yes, I must agree. sometimes shelter and rescue people are just plain judgemental and hateful. I've had bad experiences myself.

I'm glad you got something to love for $50, she is beautiful.

ilovemy2cats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by happy cat

yes, I must agree. sometimes shelter and rescue people are just plain judgemental and hateful. I've had bad experiences myself.

I'm glad you got something to love for $50, she is beautiful.
I used to work at the SPCA where I used to live. Sorry, but we were anything but judgemental and hateful
. We had to make sure, to the best of our ability, that pets went to good homes. We would adopt pets to renters after making sure with the landlord that it was alright but I lost count of the times animals were brought in by renters that moved (animals we adopted to them and animals they got somewhere else) and the new landlord would not let them have pets. Some people bringing pets in were besides themselves with grief but a lot of others seemed like they could care less.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pets can be a problem when renting. I rent and I have moved since I got my cats. Fortunately, it isn't too much of a problem in this area with two cats. More cats than that and large dogs can be a problem. I had to put down a sizable pet deposit and I pay an extra $40.00 a month for rent but those are things I gladly do. When I was looking at places to rent I only looked at ones that would let me keep my two cats. That way I wouldn't fall in love with a place that I couldn't have because of my cats.

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Denice

Pets can be a problem when renting. I rent and I have moved since I got my cats. Fortunately, it isn't too much of a problem in this area with two cats. More cats than that and large dogs can be a problem. I had to put down a sizable pet deposit and I pay an extra $40.00 a month for rent but those are things I gladly do. When I was looking at places to rent I only looked at ones that would let me keep my two cats. That way I wouldn't fall in love with a place that I couldn't have because of my cats.
I wish more people planned their moves that way. I've lived in nine different apartments since 1999 (I moved a lot in college), and I never moved anywhere that wouldn't let me have my one or two cats (depending on the move) or where I couldn't afford the pet fees and deposits.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i have to say, renting with 3 cats is a lot tougher than renting with 2. when we added stimpy to the mix finding an apartment got pretty tough. the place we're at now charges 2 $250 pet deposits (one non-refundable) and pet rent. but it's better than living on the street. ever since i got raven and nabu, moving has been a very much planned ahead activity. but it's been worth it.

we also assemble a pet resume, complete with pictures, records (our current place required proof of being fixed & declawed) and references whenever it comes time to move. landlords who are undecided can often be swayed with a pet resume. it shows we are responsible pet owners. but there are lots of non-management company run places that don't require cats to be declawed. our cats just happen to be declawed by their previous owners, i adopted them all as adults.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can try a little cat bed (enclosed is better then open) but most times, cats sleep where they want - sofa, chair, blanket on bed...etc.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
there are a few little family owned pet shops around here that sell oops litters and found litters. The big problem I have is not only that they are intact which is just plain STUPID, but they also charge $50 for a cat that has been vaccinated. Whoop-dee-do, that costs $10 if you go to the right places. People spend that much on the kitten and then they can't afford to spay/neuter for a long time because they have to save up money again. For $50, they could have gotten a free kitten from anywhere and had it altered and vaccinated (here) for that $50, or they could have went to a rescue and paid $50 for a kitten already altered and fully vaccinated.

i am talking about a college town where students get kittensjust to leave behind next year when they move out.