What kind of cat mix could she be?

shiaena

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've tried to look at different cat breeds, but the regular american shorthair cats have shorter ears and legs. Shes a hunter, with long slender legs, super strong tail (literally feels like a leg hits you), and pointy ears. The family who gave her to us (at 8 weeks) never told us what the mom cat and dad cat were, just that the dad was a feral, fluffy cat while the mom was smooth and slender.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Seems to be a domestic short hair - domestics are all sorts!  she is of course a tabby in pattern.  Exact what variation of pattern we must have a good photo from aside.

Long hair is recessive, so its not enough daddy was longhair  (he may have been a Maine Coon look alike - as is common in USA).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shiaena

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Best side-shot I can get is when she's lying down
, she's only about 6 months old (reaching her 7th month), and everybody keeps saying she's growing quite big. Which is why I wanted to know if she could possibly be mixed with a certain breed, though I can tell that it'd be a toughy. My mom's also thinking she could be part Bengal or Savannah but I'm not so sure about that

coniferously

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Before one of my cats, Orbit, was neutered and fully grown, he was very slender and had/has a very strong, long tail and very long legs. He is 17 lbs and just a domestic shorthair with the mackeral tabby pattern. I think your baby is the same thing. You have to keep in mind that even if she is a common cat, she can still be built uniquely to other common cats. She is just as unique as a purebred or a cat that has one parent who is a purebred. She is lovely nonetheless and I'm sure she is a great companion ^^

I recently cleared the photos off my phone, so I don't have a good one of Orbit, but he is the big grey tabby.

And this is Joy. She is also a tabby with the mackeral pattern, she just lacks the white Orbit has. As you can see, both are domestic shorthair tabbies, yet they look completely different in size and shape! :3

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

shiaena

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for sharing pictures! Your cats are gorgeous! I'm not sure how big my kitty Espa will grow, but I know she'll be a big, cuddly cat one day (she's already becoming quite lazy
). I'll be sure to tell my mom she's just a normal domestic shorthair but still unique in her own way!

coniferously

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No worries! And remember I could be wrong, just going off of her pictures makes me think she is a DSH. You're very welcome though, and thank you :D