What Kind of Cat is This

mosso

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! I would like to know what breed is my cat? My uncle said he is Maine Coon but I don't think so because normally Maine Coon has a long hair. I took him from one man but he also didn't know about his breed. He love butting softly and he is playing too much. I think it's normal for cats because he is still 6 months old baby. But sometimes he is making a different kind of voice that I never heard in my whole life. Especially when he seeing any bird or bee then he making that voice.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hi! I would like to know what breed is my cat? My uncle said he is Maine Coon but I don't think so because normally Maine Coon has a long hair. I took him from one man but he also didn't know about his breed. He love butting softly and he is playing too much. I think it's normal for cats because he is still 6 months old baby. But sometimes he is making a different kind of voice that I never heard in my whole life. Especially when he seeing any bird or bee then he making that voice.
That is a sweet cat!   The pic isnt very good, I think he is a blue tabby and white, blue tabby tuxedo if you so wish.

Is his tabby bushy?   If so, he is a domestic medium hair, DMH.   If not, he is a shorthair,  DSH...

As you are in Turkey, the probability of Maine Coon ancestry isnt terribly big.  Unless there ARE some maine coons around.. With some "breeder" producing sellable kittens.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mosso

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That is a sweet cat!   The pic isnt very good, I think he is a blue tabby and white, blue tabby tuxedo if you so wish.

Is his tabby bushy?   If so, he is a domestic medium hair, DMH.   If not, he is a shorthair,  DSH...

As you are in Turkey, the probability of Maine Coon ancestry isnt terribly big.  Unless there ARE some maine coons around.. With some "breeder" producing sellable kittens.
He has grey,white and short hairs.

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He has grey,white and short hairs.
M mosso
He is definitely a Domestic Medium haired cat (look at his bushy/fluffy tail!). His fur colors are Blue/grey with white.

Also, some long haired cats "molt" their coat as they mature. For instance I have seen long haired kittens lose a lot of their fluffyness as they mature, (to the point where they look short haired). But their long, fluffy adult coat slowly grows in after that.

My cat Tesla's fur was like that. This is Tesla as a kitten (you can see how fluffy he was).

And this was him a few months later (he kept his fluffy tail but other than that he looked short haired):

And this is Tesla now (look how fluffy he is!!)

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

mosso

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
M mosso
He is definitely a Domestic Medium haired cat (look at his bushy/fluffy tail!). His fur colors are Blue/grey with white.

Also, some long haired cats "molt" their coat as they mature. For instance I have seen long haired kittens lose a lot of their fluffyness as they mature, (to the point where they look short haired). But their long, fluffy adult coat slowly grows in after that.

My cat Tesla's fur was like that. This is Tesla as a kitten (you can see how fluffy he was).

And this was him a few months later (he kept his fluffy tail but other than that he looked short haired):

And this is Tesla now (look how fluffy he is!!)

Yes thank you so much. Your Tesla is very cute [emoji]128522[/emoji] and I think you are right. Maybe after few months my Hercules will be the same with long hair.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He is very sweet domestic medium hair, DMH. The coloring is blue tabby with white, or if you want a blue tabby tuxedo.  By some reason Im thinking on the Somali when I look at him...  Wrong color, although I presume the blue color is allowed. But there is somehting....