What kind of cat is she?

goldeye

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I already know that my kitty is a domestic short hair but I don't know how to exactly describe her coloring its like a mix of gray, tan and some sandy off white color as well as a couple of broken tabby markings.

Last edited:

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She looks like a Blue Mackerel Torbie.  (that is what it is called in The International Cat Association.   CFA would call it Blue Patched Mackerel Tabby .)  

A Torbie  (Tortoiseshell- tabby)  is  a name for a cat coat with tortoiseshell coloring and a tabby pattern.   

Her coloring is dilute.   so instead of red (bright orange/ ginger) and black , it's  blue (grey) and cream (  can be tan or peach). 

The color  looks so different in the top photo and the bottom photo!  Which one is more accurate?     If the top is more accurate it is possible there is some other modifier gene going on

This is just a wonderful coat pattern. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

goldeye

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The top and the bottom were both taken in the same day I think it is just the lighting in the pics. The one at the bottom was taken with the curtains open on a cloudy day and the sun going down. the first one is with a completely shut curtain with dull indoor lighting. The first one though may be the most accurate though because her fur doesnt look as dark in the sunlight .

This is the best pic I can get for now in the sun, we havent had too many sunny days lately.

oh and this one you can see a bit more of the red in her fur