What kind of cat do I have?

molly92

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness, he's beautiful! He reminds me so much of a foster kitten I had that was adopted at 6 months, so it's fun to imagine that his is what he looks like now. This was him then:

Anyway, I would guess Leo is a Domestic Medium Hair. His coloring could be called mitted (the white on his paws) blue, or just blue and white.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Agree, domestic medium hair, blue with white.     I think mitted meaning "with white" is usually used on points ("siamese-mix")

You could surely say he is medium haired maltese cat with white.   With Maltese cat we call all blue cats where we cant pinpoint exact breed, nor look alikeness

Whom is the pal?  Its a stuffed animal?   If it were a real cat, I would probably call him for blue spotted tabby.  The spots arent  good, but there are enough of them he could be called for spotted.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shaldey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Agree, domestic medium hair, blue with white.     I think mitted meaning "with white" is usually used on points ("siamese-mix")

You could surely say he is medium haired maltese cat with white.   With Maltese cat we call all blue cats where we cant pinpoint exact breed, nor look alikeness

Whom is the pal?  Its a stuffed animal?   If it were a real cat, I would probably call him for blue spotted tabby.  The spots arent  good, but there are enough of them he could be called for spotted.
That is my other cat princess I was told she is a domestic short hair torbie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shaldey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
H
Oh my goodness, he's beautiful! He reminds me so much of a foster kitten I had that was adopted at 6 months, so it's fun to imagine that his is what he looks like now. This was him then:

Anyway, I would guess Leo is a Domestic Medium Hair. His coloring could be called mitted (the white on his paws) blue, or just blue and white.
He is adorable! A friend of mine told me she thinks Leo is ragdoll. Could that be true?

molly92

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ragdolls have blue eyes and point coloring of some kind (darker coloring on face, ears, tail, and legs), plus pretty thick, long fur. So I don't think he is. And of course, for a cat to "officially" be a breed like Ragdoll they need to come with papers. Most cats you can't really tell what breeds are in their background, so they're called Domestic __ Hair. 

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
H
He is adorable! A friend of mine told me she thinks Leo is ragdoll. Could that be true?
Ragdolls usually are points as said by Molly.  There are also a variation of Ragdolls called for solid color ragdolls, whom arent points  (although I myself dont know anything about them - but I havent googled either).

But why "go over the creek after water"?    If it is important for you to put a breed - look alike, so the apparent would be Nebelung, ie sort of a longhaired Russian Blue.

But with this white, and eyes of not so good green, he would be at best a very pet quality Nebelung.   So why diminish his pride by calling him for a pet quality look alike, when he can be proudly  a handsome domestic medium hair, blue with white.  Or a Maltese cat if you so wish?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That is my other cat princess I was told she is a domestic short hair torbie

Yeah, on the forrard end there are reddish and even white  places.  Together with the tabby it gives a torbie yes.   Here spotted torbie.

The question is, if the reddish spots are well enough definied for her to be called for a calico?  Calico and torbie is called for patched tabby. Or Caliby...

But perhaps best not to complicate, and be happy we did discovered enough with spots for her to have the right to be called for spotted torbie.    :)

Why I though she was perhaps a stuffed companion animal?   We had recently a tread with a cat vigorously wrestling with his black pal. The face full of fighting will and even some despair.   A very merry wrestling match, as you understand.

I did commented on it, also another forumite commented.  But it was a stuffed companion...   Sometimes they look quite real!