What kind of car do you drive??

sanctie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a 01 White Pontiac Grandam with low profile tires, black leather bra, and special ordered lights. At one point I was working on fixing it up, but now I stay broke and haven't the spare money to put into it anymore, so it's very neglected.

paulena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have an '03 Chrysler PT Cruiser, 5 Speed. Love it Love it Love it!! Better now that it has been repaired after hubby hit a deer in it about 3 weeks ago.

Paulena

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

I drive an '01 Grand Prix and love it!! It has so much power
and its comfy and just fits me perfect.
Thats how I feel about my Grand Prix too! Are 2001's the newer style, or older? I don't know when they started making the newer styles - but I love mine - the seats are so comfy, I find myself driving my car more, just cuz I love it so much!

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Until last week, my car for two years was the bus or my feet. Although I occasionally used the local car-sharing system. Because of the impending move, and my decision to drive instead of flying, I bought a 93 Chevy Astro from a county auction house out in the 'burbs last week. I had to put money into it ASAP, since it broke down, but what do you expect for $1000. So, now it's running and happy. All the repairs were because it had been sitting for months...

It doesn't have a name yet... but because it's been a real nightmare, I'm going to pick one fo the Night Mare names from Piers Anthony's Xanth novels. I love Imbri, but I think Vaporum is also cool, or Crisium. It's a big black monstrosity.

Amanda

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dodn't realise we were giving their names too!

My Corsa is called Dave Vegas (he's a special edition called Vegas) or Davey Baby for 'special' occasions!

Even my family ask how Dave is!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My truck has yet to be named, chiefly because it only recently started developing a personality.

So far, we've concluded it's a female personality.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mazda B300 Truck. I love it! It comes in handy when you want to haul things around. It also makes us money too! Someone wants something heavy hauled, we charge them like $5-$10 for our gas!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH drives the 2006 Mercury Milan and I get the 2002 Ford F150 (which I call the PU!!) At home I tool around in the Kawaski Bayou ATV and at the farm up north we have the 1950 John Deere "A" Tractor, the 1951 tractor is getting put back together and that we will keep at home!!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jerry drives a 2005 red Dodge Durango and I drive a 2005 purple/plum PT Cruiser......

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cougar

92 Mustang GT money pit, but I love it
My dream car. I used to have a 1967 Mustang (8 cylinders!). A "collector" kept offering me an outrageous amount for it, and I finally gave in. A few months after he bought it, it was totalled when hit by a supermarket delivery truck.
Originally Posted by touro1979

1995 VW Jetta five speed. I hate automatics. I only like German cars, they hold the road so much better then any other kind of car. My next car will be 1999 VW GTI 5 Speed, black. Its my parents and I will be getting it within a year. I cant wait.
You drive a stick in NYC! No thanks! I'm a bit partial to German cars, but the Germans seem to be buying Japanese cars, as they're more reliable. ADAC (the German Automobile Club) regularly publishes "breakdown statistics", and the Japanese cars have the fewest.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

I take the train to work, and hubby goes by bike. We live in a small town, and I usually walk to the bank, bakery, etc.. I use the car at most once a week. Since we got the new one, hubby has been using it a bit more, I suppose because of the novelty, but neither of us is "commuting" with it. Gas is over $6 a gallon here, so a diesel is really worthwhile.
OMG
!!!! We are DYING with almost $4.00usd per gallon in Philly, PA! I can't imagine $6....wait, is that US dollars? Maybe not... Anyway, I drive a Mitsubishi Elipse Spyder...it's not that bad on gas for V6...but there's nothing like a convertible! It's like therapy behind the wheel...sun on your face, wind in your hair...ahhh!!!!

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I currently drive a 1995 Honda Passport. Emerald green w/ grey leather interior and power (almost) everything. What I like about these is that it has an Isuzu engine and they last forever if taken care of. Yes, it's 4 wheel drive and yes, I take it back into the hills. My plan is to get a 3 inch body lift and a 3 inch suspension lift. I'm also looking into dropping a diesel engine into it and going biodeisel.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

OMG
!!!! We are DYING with almost $4.00usd per gallon in Philly, PA! I can't imagine $6....wait, is that US dollars? Maybe not... Anyway, I drive a Mitsubishi Elipse Spyder...it's not that bad on gas for V6...but there's nothing like a convertible! It's like therapy behind the wheel...sun on your face, wind in your hair...ahhh!!!!
It's U.S. dollars - I converted it from euros. I'm a "Philly girl", too - I was born and raised there.

boxy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i drive a nissan 200sx s14a its a great car to drive it just never gets boring

ADAC (the German Automobile Club) regularly publishes "breakdown statistics", and the Japanese cars have the fewest.
my fella agrees with that

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I drive either a 96 dodge caravan or a 94 geo metro. They are good and get me from point a to point b and that's all I ask for.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My green monster is a BMW 525i and the Red Devil is a Chevrolet Aveo...but for cat shows I borrow my sister's Nissan X Trail!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It's U.S. dollars - I converted it from euros. I'm a "Philly girl", too - I was born and raised there.
wow!
that's alot to pay for gas!!! So where abouts in Philly are you from? I live in the Roxborough/Manayunk section. But I work in center city...on Chestnut St. Where are u living now? We have to get a new truck now...and they're all V8. I refuse to budge, that is my only standing point on a truck for hubby...it has to be a V6. So we're looking at the new Explorer's the Eddie Bauer ones are really nice inside. We'll see...