What kind of browser do you use?

G

ghostuser

I use IE from windows XP, which as fas as i'm concerned is the best version of windows yet..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cassandra_starr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I found out a good bit.

Mozilla is NOT Netscape. The company "Netscape Naviator" funded Mozilla because it is an 'open source' browser, and their browser wasn't. Some of their employees were supplying the code for Mozilla. It is a completely different code and completely different search engine.

That is why it looks similiar to Netscape. It is *not* Netscape. They stressed that greatly. Mozilla.org are the people that organize this and such, and there are actually hundreds if not more people that work on Mozilla for free. Help them with the bugs, code, etc. So in essence Mozilla is being worked on by a ton of people.

Netscape just paid the
so they could work on it.

Btw, Netscape was bought out by AOL. Just like everything else.. lmao.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think I'll give Mozilla a try. If it's not like Netscape, then that's great. I've never been a fan of Netscape.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just downloaded Mozilla and tried it out, by looking at my own web page. At a glance, you might not notice the difference, but from what I can see Mozilla works just like Netscape. It does load my page, and it does load it quickly, but Mozilla just like Netscape doesn't have the capabilities that IE has. For example: I wrote my page with a stationary background, meaning that the background doesn't move, while the text and graphics do move. I think that's such a neat effect. Viewing it on Mozilla you don't get that effect, the background is not stationary. Also, I used some Java Script to have little twinkles follow the cursor, and with Mozilla just like Netscape, that effect doesn't work. Also, I wrote my scroll bars to go in various colors to match my background, which also doesn't work with Mozilla. You can view my page, and you can get the general idea, but as far as all of the cool effects, you can't get them. I also had to download a few extra plug ins to make some of the things work on the page, and they sent me to get a Netscape plug in-so on the whole, I didn't find a lot of difference between Mozilla and Netscape, except I think it's a much lighter program that Netscape, but basically I think they are about the same.

I have a pop up stopper, that I use for IE, and it works perfectly, so I still think IE is by far the better browser as far as viewing the webpages better and more artistically, but I do agree that right now, while it's brand new, Mozilla is a bit faster.

G

ghostuser

I use IE. I think it's okay. I don't think I've ever used something other than it. I never put any thought to Netscape (which is the only thing I knew about).