what kind of breed is my baby?

cristinao44

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I know shes a mix but I don't really know of what...if anyone can help that'd be great :)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Wow what a prettie!  Look alike old type siamese, or Thai if you prefer this.   Pointed and tabby,  called often for Lynx Point.   Color blue, I think - my monitor so so.

Although she doesnt need to be anywhere purebred.  Its enough if her both parents  are carriers of the recessive point gene.  They themselves could look almost any.

The point gene is by itself recessive, but doubled up in one individual becomes very potent, and gives almost all the outer appareancy to that individual in question...   Not seldom its will be some sort of old type siames look alike...

Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cristinao44

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you both very much. I had thought about her being partly Siamese but the gray and stripes are what confused me.

tabbypip

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would have to go toward Oriental and Balinese. Beautiful, by any breed label you apply. How talkative? That is one trait of the Siamese that you can't miss.

cristinao44

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks...and well about the talkative mostly when she wants to wake me up or when she needs me to open a door for her jiji and now to call her baby, she has an adorable kitten may I add :)

Last edited:

cristinao44

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She had 2 but the other didn't make it :(...it was born a day after this one and was very small