What is you're firstborn like?

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my, the first cat I ever had was an awful cat
His name was Oliver, and he was from a barn..

He would make a point of climbing up skin with his claws..all the time. He loved to climb up bare skin...ouuuuuch!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Flash was my very first cat, a torbie who was born in 1985 and left us in 1999. She was a very loving cat, she loved to suck on peoples shirts. She was an indoor/outdoor cat that actually lived to be fourteen. She was our last indoor/outdoor cat but what a hunter she was! She killed all the canaries on our block.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My FIRST cat was named Rain (last name Cloud,
) but he was only with me for two weeks. When I adopted him, he was 4 months old, about 4 lbs. Two days later the sneezing started, and the next day he stopped eating. I took him to the vet at least three times in that two week period, but he didn't make it. I found out after he passed away (I had come home from work to find him gone, under my dining room table...in the sun
). I cried all the way to the vet's office, with him in a box so they could cremate him (I lived in an apartment, so couldn't bury him). I think the vet bills totaled over $500. The vet suspected feline distemper. Two days after he passed away, a local paper released a story about the humane society having an outbreak of feline distemper (I really don't know the actual term), and had known about it for months. I was LIVID that they didn't WARN anyone about it!!
(I know they knew about it because they were saying, when I was adopting him, that they've stopped requiring the cats be neutered before being adopted because at that age they have a weakened immune system. But that it was only temporary.)

I called and they refunded my adoption fee. I still miss him though.

Right now, Scotty is the "firstborn." He never met his brother. I wanted an older cat with an established immune system (I didn't want to lose another kitty, even though I completely disinfected the apartment). Yeah, they said Scotty was a year old, at about 6lbs. OMG, he's at 15lbs now! lol He was just a 6 month old kitten. I got him from a shelter in the next county. I don't trust our local shelter anymore.