What is Your Idea of the WORST Job in the World?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittykook

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't mind anything having to do with dead people. In fact, I'd love to be a crime scene investigator.

I agree with those who said that a really boring job would be bad. I like to be mentally stimulated and have a challenge. I guess that's why I like nursing so much. Every day is different and comes with a ton of challenges. I meet a lot of wonderful people and get a lot of satisfaction from helping people deal with their illnesses.

I thought of another job that I would hate....after reading Hissy's thread on dentists. I'd hate to be a dentist! Working in people's mouths all day just makes me cringe.

I'd also hate a job where I never got to interact with other people. I'd go crazy!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh i've thought of another one!.

I don't think it's been mentioned?!, working with peoples feet!!

Theres just something about feet!. Imagine someone who's feet smell and they have to go to a chiropodist!

kittykook

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Theres just something about feet!. Imagine someone who's feet smell and they have to go to a chiropodist!
EWWWWW!! I'm with you on that one Susan! I hate feet too! I have some elderly patients sometimes who have those long, thick, curled toenails with funky stuff all over them!
I can hardly bare to touch them.

I'd also hate to be a gynecologist!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Oh Susan, you took the words right out of my mouth. I HATE feet with a passion!

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll have to go with those who mentioned cleaning up puke & poo from hospital sheets, when a patient loses it all over the place.

When I was in the hospital, I had a roomie for 2 nights who had kidney failure. Nice, sweet grandma. Well she had trouble controlling her bowels. She kept pooping all over herself. Now remember I am laying about 6 feet from her, separated by a shower-curtain type thingy, with freaking pneumonia. I was having trouble breathing in the first place and they put someone within spitting distance who was pooping all over the place!
???

I got grandma back though. My first night in, I was so heavily drugged & sedated, I didn't cough much. However the 2nd night... the nurse, who was really cool, told me I had to cough to get the phlegm and mucus to come up & out. So she gave me an expectorant. So, I kept Grandma up most of THAT night coughing up lung cookies the size of my Toyota!

But I remember hearing the nurse come in and make a really awful sound when she saw that yet again, she had to clean up poo'ed sheets of my roomie. I thought to myself, this nurse has a patietn who is pooping herself and me coughing up things so large, they were assigned their own ZIP code.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love my own feet, but I'm not a fan of anyone elses!

I remember when I went to daycare when I was 2-5 and my Nana owned it and she would always make me give her footrubs! Ewww!

brianlojeck

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
To answer the question in the first post, the people who "handle" the poop samples are (in the US anyway), a Phlebotomist (the guy who collects samples, blood, spinal fluid, sperm, etc...), the Lab Tech Assistant (who checks samples in and out of the labs), and the lab tech (who does the tests). My brother works as a Lab Tech Assistant, and spends his day shuffling bottles of nasty fluids from his inbox to his outbox.

as for the other question, I'd say my nightmare job is to work at a lamp distributor with a boss who truly seems to dislike each and every one of his employees, management who has stated that they want to avoid making workers happy because that means we're not working hard enough, and pay that is far below standard for my position.

(brian looks around his office in a lamp distributor)

oh crap...

mrsd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by brianlojeck

... I'd say my nightmare job is to work at a lamp distributor with a boss who truly seems to dislike each and every one of his employees, management who has stated that they want to avoid making workers happy because that means we're not working hard enough, and pay that is far below standard for my position.

(brian looks around his office in a lamp distributor)

oh crap...
How sad for you, Brian. That company doesn't sound wise.

My idea of the worst job is driving an 18 Wheeler. I would hate it.

brianlojeck

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrsd

How sad for you, Brian. That company doesn't sound wise.
it's not as bad as it sounds... like most of the people, I'm just here long enough to pay the bills while I get something better, and my direct supervisor is one of the few cool managers at the place, so I've got it better then many.

Mostly it's just the horrible feeling that the company could be doing so much better and making so much more money if only they'd grow half a bit of common sense... and that no matter how hard you work (or don't), it really won't matter or get you so much as a thank you from the higher-ups...

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by darkeyedgirl

But I remember hearing the nurse come in and make a really awful sound when she saw that yet again, she had to clean up poo'ed sheets of my roomie. I thought to myself, this nurse has a patietn who is pooping herself and me coughing up things so large, they were assigned their own ZIP code.
Yucky!!!

-and a boatload of these smilies to agree with all the other replies:
... and that, and that, but hmmmm I'd hate that job too. Oh but then there's that! You get the idea.

kittykook

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd also hate to be one those people who does road construction. (thought of this today since there's so much road construction where I live) Can you imagine having to be outside on the coldest or the hottest days? Or having crazy drivers whizzing by you so fast? I could never do that job!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The company i work for is a sign manufacturer and i don't envy our fixing crew because their sometimes up over 50' on what they call a cherry picker(hydraulic lift) to fix the signs in this weather right now

And it's just started snowing again

They get their own back on us when the summer weathers here though!

rockinrhonda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i don't think i would want that job!
guess its kind a like
being a pooper scooper but at least i only scoop it and toss it in a bag and don't half to exam it
on the other hand i do half to hold my breath sometimes

winwin

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Maybe this belongs in the "jokes" section, but it is very apropos of the topic.

A general was flying across the atlantic and was in a hurry and didn't like it when the plane landed in Greenland. The pilot explained that the holding tanks were full and had to be pumped before the plane could continue. The General got off the plane and confronted the young Airman handling the job, berating him for being so slow and told him "You had better get a move on, or I'll see to it that something horrible happens to you ! !" The Airman replied, "General, I'm in Greenland with 11 months to go, it's 40 degrees below zero, I'm pumping S**T out of an airplane and taking S**T from a big mouth General. Now just what do you think could be any worse than all that ? ?"

kittykook

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by winwin

Maybe this belongs in the "jokes" section, but it is very apropos of the topic.

A general was flying across the atlantic and was in a hurry and didn't like it when the plane landed in Greenland. The pilot explained that the holding tanks were full and had to be pumped before the plane could continue. The General got off the plane and confronted the young Airman handling the job, berating him for being so slow and told him "You had better get a move on, or I'll see to it that something horrible happens to you ! !" The Airman replied, "General, I'm in Greenland with 11 months to go, it's 40 degrees below zero, I'm pumping S**T out of an airplane and taking S**T from a big mouth General. Now just what do you think could be any worse than all that ? ?"

kittykook

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MacksDad

Now THIS has to be the WORST job in the world...

That is hilarious! I agree.....that's a terrible job to have!!!!

brianlojeck

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
you beat me to it... I was just about to post that!

funny thing is... there's houses (or buildings anyway) just behind him! that wooden fence isn't going to protect too many people...