What is your favourite comfort food or drink?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bugaboo1

Favorite comfort drink is coffee
Favorite comfort food is collards and cornbread
I am going backwards in my commenting but have time now for a quick question...What are collards? and what do you do with them? I don't think we have them here...?

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mirinae

Loveysmummy, I would love some of those soup recipes!

My favourite comfort food is
Zoodles or Alphagetti (or some other Chef Boy-R-Dee pasta-in-a-can) with torn up pieces of Kraft singles cheese. So unhealthy and yet so good ... I typically have this when I have a migraine, because I know I ought to eat something, but there's a strong chance I won't be able to keep it down. Sometimes I have this with toast, too.
Just let me know which ones you want and I will pm you with them..or I can mail them to you...that would be more fun!

GailC sent me some great soup recipes awhile back and the Cheese one was soooo good. I think she is from the cheese state though so it fits

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

For winter Hot cocoa is always really comforting after a really cold hard day!
Also hot cups of tea.

I just saw christmas tea in the supermarkets, ill have to try it out!

In my new apartment i would like it to smell like cinamon to make the day more cosy
Oh, I love the smell of cinnamon. A friend of mine makes this concoction on the stove at Xmas with real orange peels and cinnamon and other stuff and simmers it on the stove.. I just love it!

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lemur 6

ICECREAM! The colder and harder the better. Especially good for when I have a crap day, or having beef with people. Sit down with a tub and just start shoveling till your anger gets completely overwhelmed by the creamy frozen goodness!

Miso soup with small tofu cubes, a few pieces of wakame seaweed, and freshly chopped scallion. I make it almost instant from my hot water dispenser, fill mug 1/4 with hot water, dissolve a spoonful of miso (I like the white or "shiro miso" variety), drop in the tofu, wakame, and scallion and top up on the hot water. Stir and enjoy! Perfect for those cold to your bones days, or when you feel the sniffles coming on.

Darjeeling tea for when you need to calm down and think.

B-52's over the rocks when you've had a rough day/week/month (Bailey's, Kaluah, and Grand Marnier). You can sip them, or you can pound them, regardless they taste delish (like chocolate bubblegum!), and will get you buzzed enough to make you forget your 80 hour work week.
Your post just made me laugh as I had this visual of someone cramming cold ice cream in and then chasing it with B-52's! That is one rough week!

That miso sounds awesome. I want some now..

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for sharing guys! All or most of these things sound so good...
It's the kind of weather outside (for many of us) that prompts me into that cold comfort food/drink thing....I am so gladddddddddd its Friday!

It also may be because my furnace is NOT YET WORKING!!! My landlord is supposed to be coming this a.m....he better not let my cats out...

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hot Chocolate

I have a set of those mugs like they used on FRIENDS - I fill it with milk - warm it up, mix in hot chocolate and Snickerdoodle coffee creamer/mix. It tastes just like a cookie right outta the oven.

I'm gonna have some in a bit!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Hot Chocolate

I have a set of those mugs like they used on FRIENDS - I fill it with milk - warm it up, mix in hot chocolate and Snickerdoodle coffee creamer/mix. It tastes just like a cookie right outta the oven.

I'm gonna have some in a bit!
That sounds yummy!!

quill_luv

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Right now I've had quite afew glasses of wine ... that's my comfort drink, that and hot chocolate w/ Bailey Irish Cream
. But not the canned sugary stuff but the stuuf you make with real cocoa and a nice generous helping of 35% whipping cream and sprinkley it with cimmanon ... oh yeah ....

And my fave food is either hoemade mac and cheese or chili or this really smashing lentil stew with cheese. Anything with cheese, even turnip or apples.