What is your favourite cocktail??

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fred&Nermal

whiskey sours!
original martinis (gin and vermouth with a twist)
shaken or stirred?
my mother tried a martini, once - she said it tasted like medicine
i've never tried one - she & i have similar tastes in drinks.

swooshfinn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Espresso Martini (my new fav from my Alaskan cruise a couple of weeks ago)

also:

Long Island Iced Tea
Rum and Coke
Vodka and Coke (What I call a Russian Coke)
margarita (mixed; been told I make a mean mixed margarita)

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

Tara, if Rob likes Captain Morgan's, he would probably like Sailor Jerry's spiced rum. It is almost the same thing, but a little smoother, at about half the price. I can't do shots of CM, but I can do SJ until I have had waaaaay too many.
One of our friends mentioned Sailor Jerry's too. We'll have to get some when we're out of Captain. (We bought 2L of it at the duty free shop on our cruise ship
We walked off that boat with 10L of liquor for under $100)

I might even like it then if it's smoother.

I forgot, I also like apricot sours (I believe that's what it is called). My grandma used to get them all the time at restaurants (and sneak me some
) then she made a few at home and we had some fun, even though I was 14, hahaha.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tara & Rob, the bottle of Sailor Jerry's is even cool. There is a hula dancer on the front from a vintage pinup tattoo design, and a different one on the front of the back label. You have to drink the rum to be able to see it. I have the one on the front of the bottle tattooed on my calf. My Daddy had a similar one. Sailor Jerry was one of the first modern tattooers, and one of the first to draw commercial designs. Little bit of useless trivia for you.

swooshfinn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by binkyhoo

Whats Up with the martinis? i shouldnt talk. I always just ask for something fruity.
Plenty of fruity-tinis out there, and here are just a few from my cruise:

Tropical Cable Car
-1/8 of a grapefruit, muddled
-ice
-1 oz Malibu
-1 oz Capt Morgan
-1 oz sour mix
-1 oz pineapple juice

-Pack shaker with muddled grapefruit, ice, then liquids. Shake vigorously for 10 seconds until very frothy (like a smoothie). Strain into martini glass and garnish with a pineapple leaf.

Coral Drop
-2 lemon wedges, muddled
-ice
-1.5 oz Absolut Mandarin
-1/8 oz (light splash) of Chambord
-1.5 oz sour mix

-Pack shaker with muddled lemon, ice, then liquids. Shake vigorously for 10 seconds until very frothy (like a smoothie). Strain into a half-sugar rimmed martini glass and garnish with a lemon wedge.

Pool Side Car
-1 orange wedge, muddled
-1 lemon wedge, muddled
-ice
-1.0 oz Brandy
-0.5 oz Triple sec
-2.0 oz sour mix
-1.0 oz soda water

-Pack shaker with muddled orange and lemon, add ice and then add liquids. Shake vigorously for 10 seconds until frothy (like a smoothie). Pour into a sugar rimmed pint glass or plastic cup.

Or my favorite of the fruity-tinis from the cruise:

Ultra Strawberry Lemonade

-2 lemon wedges, muddled
-ice
-1.5 oz Absolut Citron
-2.0 oz sour mix
-1.0 oz water
-1.0 oz strawberry juice (I am going to assume its juice, since my recipe sheet only says strawberry, and comparing it to everything else I have seen online it has enough alcohol to make it work, otherwise try a strawberry liquor)

-Add muddled lemon, ice, then liquids to shaker. Shake vigorously for 10 seconds until frothy (like a smoothie). Garnish with a strawberry slice.

Think of the variations here, like raspberry!

and I can't leave out the:
Espresso Martini

-1 oz Vanilla vodka
-1 oz Kahlua
-0.5 oz simple sugar syrup
-1.5 oz espresso shot

-Shake for 10 seconds until frothy (like a smoothie) should see three distinct color bands, and strain into a chilled martini glass garnished with 3 coffee beans.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
most of those sound pretty good to me... i like this one, too!
chocolate martini - applebee's makes one i like, but they don't show the ingredients on their website.
1st, put a spiral of chocolate syrup in the martini glass
Ingredients:
Mixing instructions:

Combine ingredients in cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well and strain into chilled martini glass.

swooshfinn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

most of those sound pretty good to me... i like this one, too!
chocolate martini - applebee's makes one i like, but they don't show the ingredients on their website.
1st, put a spiral of chocolate syrup in the martini glass
Ingredients:
Mixing instructions:

Combine ingredients in cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well and strain into chilled martini glass.
Or you can try this version:

-1 oz vodka
-1 oz Creme de Cacao

Fill shaker with ice, then liquids. Shake vigorously for 10 seconds until frothy (like a smoothie). Strain into a chilled martini glass that has a small drop of chocolate syrup in the bottom (you can be really fancy and take a toothpick to the chocolate syrup and lightly pull the syrup up the sides of the glass in a starburst like design).

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sex on the Beach

Margeritas

Pucker mixed with most anything,lol

White/Red Sangrias

Slippery Nipples

Orange Creamsicle

Screaming O

Ameretto Sour