What is your favorite weird food combination?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Have you ever seen Here Comes Honey Boo Boo? Change the noodles to spaghetti and you have 'sketti. One of the family's favorite dishes

Oh no i've never seen the show; just heard the chatter! 
  For me it has to be small noodles.  I don't know why.  

Malt vinegar on french fries.  Not the least unusual in the British Isles but not much known in the USA.  
I don't know if I've ever had malt vinegar; but vinegar on fries is a big thing at the beach here.  Boardwalk fries are SO good!!  I think most places use either apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar. 

I have grown more fond of horseradish as I've gotten older.  I use it in my mashed potatoes.  it gives them a nice flavor!  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Malt vinegar on french fries.  Not the least unusual in the British Isles but not much known in the USA. 
That's a fairly normal combination around here. :)

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

Malt vinegar on french fries.  Not the least unusual in the British Isles but not much known in the USA.  Horseradish and baloney sandwiches.  French fries with tartar sauce, if I'm having shrimp (katsup on the shrimp, go figure).

My elder son like peppered watermelon, and the younger likes peanut butter on his hot dogs.
Love malt vinegar on fries! Also on fried potatoes. (My favorite potato chips are Utz Malt Vinegar.)

Pepper on vanilla ice cream really brings out the vanilla flavor. Really, it does.

Chocolate milk in beer....tastes kind of like a chocolate malt.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OK...we all have some really odd quirks when it comes to foods.  I have to say, though, the one that still has me reeling is Worcestershire sauce on pound cake.  Just cannot wrap my brain around that one.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

OK...we all have some really odd quirks when it comes to foods.  I have to say, though, the one that still has me reeling is Worcestershire sauce on pound cake.  Just cannot wrap my brain around that one.
That's what we said when he did it. He swore it was good.  We took his word for it.

My younger brother used to eat dandelions from the front lawn. Not the greens- the flowers. He'd just sit out there and snack away. We took his word that those were good too. 

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

That's what we said when he did it. He swore it was good.  We took his word for it.

My younger brother used to eat dandelions from the front lawn. Not the greens- the flowers. He'd just sit out there and snack away. We took his word that those were good too. 
~GRIN~  The dandelions actually are good.  I have a "secret dandelion patch" that I go to every spring to harvest the flowers.  Some I use to make decoctions, but some I use fresh in salads.  Violets are good in salads. as well.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was in school I worked in a pizza restaurant. I got really tired of regular pizza and I tried some odd combos. For a not boring pizza, I recommend jalapeños and anchovies. So much flavor! I still like that combo, but I can have trouble getting pizza joints to make it if I call and they don't know me. They think it is a prank!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
When I was in school I worked in a pizza restaurant. I got really tired of regular pizza and I tried some odd combos. For a not boring pizza, I recommend jalapeños and anchovies. So much flavor! I still like that combo, but I can have trouble getting pizza joints to make it if I call and they don't know me. They think it is a prank!
NO EYEBROWS!!!  NO EYEBROWS!!! 
  When I was growing up, anchovies came on every "supreme" pizza.  Dad would always order a "large, hod the eyebrows."  And really, that's what the little things look like, lying on the pizza.  He also told me, "Never trust a fish that needs a barber."  The closest thing I come to anchovies is Worcestershire sauce, which contains them.

My favorite odd pizzas, and they aren't that odd, just a little different, is artichoke hearts and feta cheese. and grilled chicken breast and broccoli.  My local pizzeria is kind enough to make the second one for me if I go in and bring them the broccoli florets.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A sandwich made of hamburg cooked crumbly (not like a patty) mixed in mashed potatoes, and salted.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like cottage cheese and pasta sauce.
Hmm, I might have to try that. I like to put salsa in cottage cheese but I never thought about pasta sauce. I never thought about that being weird either :tongue2:. I think it's weird to put anything sweet in cottage cheese, yuck.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like cottage cheese, at all but my parents put peach slices or pineapple in theirs.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I don't like cottage cheese, at all but my parents put peach slices or pineapple in theirs.
 There is a restaurant here in Maryland that serves apple butter with cottage cheese.  People really enjoy it.

President Nixon used to put soy sauce on his cottage cheese and I heard of people putting ketchup on it.