What is your favorite soda?

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
RC Cola in a glass bottle!!! But sadly they don't make that anymore, only the nasty canned and 2 liter bottle variety. The old RC in a bottle had a very different taste, almost chocolaty.

Next choice would be Arizona Cherry Chocolate Cola, but that too they discontinued (I have ONE bottle left in the fridge for a very special occasion).

I think the only soda that gets me excited now is Mr. Pibb, but that too is extremely hard to find and I have an inkling that they're going to discontinue it too.

Why do they keep getting rid of all the awesome sodas!? Make me mad!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

They still have drive ins!
Whenever I go there, I always get my dad a big gallon of the A&W Rootbeer, I'm not a big fan, but him and my brothers are! Plus, their food there is good
Want me to ship you some?
I haven't been to one in forever, we only go when we go to Iowa to visit family.

My favorite pop is ORANGE!
One memory from childhood is the occasional summer Sunday night, after Sunday evening church services, we'd stop and get a gallon of vanilla ice cream and a gallon of A&W from the drive-in. Then to our house where we'd have root beer floats!

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love dr pepper but I rarely drink it anymore but I do get it once in a while.

purefusion

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My husband and I both enjoy root beer a lot! But we'll also drink Dr. Pepper. We recently had Sierra Mist with Cranberry and that was awesome. I also love Stewart's Key Lime soda in a glass bottle. I used to splurge and buy a bottle after exams in college. Very good in the summer.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You know, I didn't know A&W were restaurants until like 3 or 4 years ago.
That's what I get for being raised in the boonies!

I like Pepsi & Barqs. I will settle for A&W, but prefer caffinated pop. I drinkg 2-3 cans a day, too. Gotta stay awake somehow!

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only SODA I drink is PEPSI, infact, it's all I drink. I try to choke down some juice or water on occasion, just to try and get some thing healthy in there, but I can't. (true addict here
) I go through a 12 pack a day (I might have 1 or 2 left over to get me started the next day, but if I have a couple 12 packs, I can easily drink at least a 12 pack or 2-litter+ get started on another) I think I have a problem

My mom has moved out to Ohio, and a woman from work asked her to get her a drink from the POP machine, she was like what the heck is a pop?

I had never heard it called that before I guess she hadn't either

Well I guess it's time for a new pepsi

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I find the "soda" & "pop" difference funny!
What do you call it? My dad as a kid always called it sodapop. (I guess thats where soda and pop came in, we just dropped the pop, and out west they dropped the soda, and just say pop

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I find the "soda" & "pop" difference funny!
You know what's even funnier? The got maps (like election maps) on the soda vs. pop debate, check it out Soda vs. Pop. I saw this a few years back and I was just awe struck. In NYC where I grew up, it was pretty loose what you called it, soda, softdrink, coke, drink, etc. Never called it pop though. Out in the midwest where I am now, people are pretty adamant that you call it pop, especially in Michigan. They'll give you dirty looks if you call it soda.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lemur 6

You know what's even funnier? The got maps (like election maps) on the soda vs. pop debate, check it out Soda vs. Pop. I saw this a few years back and I was just awe struck. In NYC where I grew up, it was pretty loose what you called it, soda, softdrink, coke, drink, etc. Never called it pop though. Out in the midwest where I am now, people are pretty adamant that you call it pop, especially in Michigan. They'll give you dirty looks if you call it soda.
That map is brilliant- my grandmother referred to it as soda and soda it is