What is your cat's biggest pet peeve?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I get "the look" from Abby fairly often. Sometimes it is hard to figure out why.

If I had to guess, her biggest pet peeve is that she does not receive a treat every time she demands it. :lol3:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Burt's biggest peeve is that his lap doesn't stay available all day and night. He will actually give a disgusted meow when we have to get up and do something!

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my cats will literally groan when l accidentally move him in the process of getting up or down. His pet peeve is suffering any kind of movement or vibration thereof when someone is getting up.

Another will immediately jump onto my computer chair when he sees me coming to get into it (brat!). Then he has the audacity to meow in protest when l put him down. His pet peeve is that the owner of said chair has the gall to expect to use it.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Mogli's pet peeve is not being able/allowed to help himself to food whenever he feels like eating, which is virtually all the time. I still have to chuckle when I think how DH told him Garfield was a hunger artist in comparison. It's so true!

allenkm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Bear's biggest pet peeve is decidedly me using this tablet. As soon as I get it he demands pets and tries to lay on top of it so I can't use it

bluebird gal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Si's biggest peeve is not getting breakfast when he decides it is time.  If you try to ignore him & continue to doze - if jumping from each of our torsos do not rouse us - he will get on the washer/dryer cabinet & start fiddling with everything in the wicker basket where my DH keeps his wallet, keys, etc.  until something lands in the litter box!    And when you DO finally roll out at 5am, he will nip either the top of your feet or your calf on the way into the kitchen.  He is sooo naughty this way .. but I would not change a thing about him 

Monty has not exhibited any peeves thus far.  But he's still a baby at 5.5mos .. so it's a wait & see.

allmomskitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I have to say my (cat's) biggest peeve is being moved from where she IS to where I PUT her.  If she is on my chair and I move her to another chair,  of course that chair isn't good enough.  She wants MY chair!  And she will do any amount of pestering me to get it back!   It's not much of a chair, but it's mine, doggone it!  (Can I say "doggone" on a cat site?)   ..

gcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That is a priceless expression and one plushy-looking chair.

Wallace loves to give me the glare when I open the same cupboard that his treat bag is in, only to get something else. He will literally step on my feet in anticipation (while meowing loudly), and then when he hears the doomed closing of the cupboard he just runs away.

allmomskitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That is a priceless expression and one plushy-looking chair.

Wallace loves to give me the glare when I open the same cupboard that his treat bag is in, only to get something else. He will literally step on my feet in anticipation (while meowing loudly), and then when he hears the doomed closing of the cupboard he just runs away.
Ah yes, we have one in particular, Grabby, who thinks it's her duty in life to eat all the treats before anyone else has a chance.  She knows exactly where we keep the treats, and will guard the kitchen all morning, just WAITING for one of us to toss a treat her way.  And she'll catch it in both paws, then eat it like  squirrel!  Not every time, but at least a few times a week. 

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Sundar's is the locked door.  He can open it really easily (and the screen one beyond it) when they're not locked which is now  very, very rare.  He doesn't have a clue what to do once he gets out, freaks out, jumps a fence and then meows for me to come and get him.  Normally after midnight.  I learnt all of this the hard way.

Anyway, he tries everything to open the jolly thing.. one paw, the other paw, both paws, hanging off the door handle and making a lot of noise to try to get my attention.  Peeved doesn't even describe it. But Da Bird normally comes along right at that moment and then it's a case of 'what door?".

Nilah's main peeve is Sundar in tail-attacking mode.

carol5280

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Zainey hates when we use foil or plastic wrap (he runs away when the drawer where we keep it is opened) and do anything involving plastic bags (taking out the trash, scooping the boxes, etc).  I don't want to think about what happened to him before we got him for him to react like that but I know he's loved and happy now so that is all that matters!

Samurai is Siamese, so he has an entire list of annoyances. He hates when anyone tries to pet him below the shoulder blades, except when he doesn't. He really hates when he sees us packing for a trip. He also hates being combed and reacts so disproportionally to any attempt at it that it is comical. More than anything, he hates it when we take the dog out for a walk and leave him behind.

carol5280

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Zainey is absolutely terrified the moment he hears a bag rustling. I don't think his first year of life was very good before he came to us and from his reaction, I think he was stuffed in to a bag of some sort at least once in that time. All I know is that he was adopted and returned at the shelter and he was pretty traumatized at first. He was a ball of energy and grime who morphed in to a crazy, incredibly affectionate cat who is very grateful to be in a happy, loving home.

ropufa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Aw.....it's so sad to think anyone would abuse or desert a cat. (or any other animal)  Cats are so lovingly dependent on their "person".  I was gone for 2 weeks visiting my son in MS and had to board Molly.  I cried when I left her, called the place she was boarded at every other day and cried frequently (in private) during my visit.  Couldn't wait to reunite and assure her that I hadn't abandoned her, too!!!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise

absolutely for Nilah and Sundar! - they used to make a beeline for under the bed, but soon found out that the horrendous sucking thing goes there too. 

They've realised that the enclosure (in the garden) is a no-go area for the vacuum beast (presumably because it doesn't fit through the cat flap in the wall) so the moment it comes out they're off.

sweetthangtx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sunny's' pet peeve is that I can't keep my hands off of him. I am a cat kisser and he is so danged cute that I want to smooch him all of the time. I usually wait till he is sleepy and steal some kitty kisses then.

sweetthangtx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ms kitty sleeps with me. She gets very upset when I roll over with my back to her. She starts by tapping me on my head. If I ignore that she may pull my hair. Sometimes if I don't roll over she will finally give a very large , disgusted sigh and just throw herself down against my back. I think she is a hoot.