What is your cat(s) afraid of?

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Amazing enough, none of my cats are really afraid of the vacuum cleaner. I had a cat once that you could pick up his tail and vacuum under his butt and he wouldn't budge an inch.

Oscar and Eightball are afraid of anyone other than my husband and I (although they did come out of hiding when our friend Doug was here a few weeks back). Pinky is stranger shy for about 2 hours - you can almost set your watch by it.

Koko, Scarlett, Muddy (my 3 bottle fed orphans) aren't afraid of anything. Seriously. I'm convinced that because we were their parents when orphaned, they trust anything we do around them. Oops, almost forget: Scarlett does sometimes get scared that we will fail one night to serve her meat dinner on the kitchen counter at 7PM sharp. She gets this concerned look on her face about 7:01 if we aren't up and prepping the food bowls.

huyi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
my cat is afraid of spray cans (air freshners) hoovers and sudden loud noises. apart from that she is not scared of anything else.

trinettec

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Dianna is my scardy cat. She doesn't like strangers and will hide in the bedroom if anyone is here. Any loud noise and she is gone. Shadow however is very laid back and nothing seems to bother him. Annie is a different story. Everything is a foe that needs to be conquered. She attacks the vacuum. She has been known to go after visiters. And when we were doing some building on the house for some reason she thought the saw and drill were out to get her "Daddy" and was on the attack. If someone, even me, raises thier voice at "Daddy" she is on the attack.
Annie was a bottle fed orphan and sometimes I wish she had a healthy dose of fear.

quill_luv

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Quill is afraid of my cousins

The first time Quill met my cousin, I had Quill on my shoulder. Dumb idea when a 12y/o kid comes in the kitchen with dyed, spikey black hair, a loud voice, and his younger brother trailing behind him dressed in a suit and tie
... the results: Quill hissing (The first time I heard him hiss), leaping over my back onto the kitchen floor and not coming out of his hiding place for ten minutes. After that, it was all peachy - not -
. Quill came out, planted himself in front of my cousin, and stared hostilely at him for the remainder of his visit. It was the funniest thing because ever since, Quill will only come over to headbutt my cousin if he's not wearing a hat or his spikey hair.

m3elmo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my cat is afraid of the vaccum cleaner and of the smoke alarm or any alarm for that matter....runs under the bed for at least 15minutes until the coast is clear.