What is wrong with people..pet vent

jaspers mummy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ping

SO I am on another site and someone asks this question:

My cat is obese, one needs 3 teeth pulled, and one has a murmur...am I cheap to skip treatment or am I in the right?

The obese one they are putting in a diet now but had the animal been on a proper diet this probably could have been avoid. The obese one also has 3 bad teeth that needs to be pulled but said they are not gonna do that. How cruel and neglectful is that to have an animal with 3 bad teeth and not get them pulled. Have these people ever had bad teeth that has caused them pain. Why put an animal through that. I have bad teeth and I would never put my cats through that pain.

One has a murmur that may be fatal and the vet wants to test to see if its fatal. But nope they are not gonna do that. To much money. If my vet says I think Ping or Pong might have this fatal xyz you dang right I am gonna test and see. And its treatable I will treat. I could not live with myself if my babies died because I refused to treat something that maybe treatable.

Then they go on to say that if they do have something terminal they will not pay more than 500 to fix them. WTH. My pets, my babies, my animals that I chose to have in my life does not have a price tag over there head that says I will only pay up to 500 to fix them..

But maybe I am just one of those crazy cat/pet people who will do such things for my cats.
There is nothing mad about you reading your thread has made my blood boil
I am like you and I have paid big bucks out for my kitty my JJ
rest his sole we spent thousands on him and I would do it again tommorrow it got us nearly another 7 years with him I would not have traded that for the world so I gess if your a mad cat person so am I but I would rather be known as the mad cat lady than the crule ass **** I really belive you sould have to complet a course to get a pet licence before your alowed to have a pet I really do

kristykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately, some people simply can't afford vet bills. Like people have said, these people obviously shouldn't have pets in the first place, but I think people really don't know/understand how expensive a pet is when they get one.

Like right now, I am extremely poor! I am a student and the only money I have is about $600 in my bank account. I live with my parents right now, who have good jobs and can afford 3 cats. I consider these cats my own though, since I grew up with them.
But if one of them got sick and it was all on me, I would drain my account, get a job, barrow money, stand out on the street lol, whatever I could do to get them the care they needed.

If I couldn't afford it, I would give up my kitty (the thought makes me cry) to someone who could get him the care he needs. But I would be scared though--don't some shelters put animals down that are too sick and would require expensive treatments?

I'm trying not to judge this person because maybe they don't have any options. Maybe they don't know anyone who would take their animals who wouldn't just put them down. Although, if the animal is suffering and in pain, I would rather have that than just sit there and do nothing while the kitty is in pain!!

It makes me so sad, what if that kitty is in pain right now?
I've had UTI's and oh my goodness, I would probably shoot myself if I couldn't get treatment, they are so painful.