What is wrong with me?

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I believe Ihave also gotten more solitary as I age. At work for instance there is no one within 7 yrs of my age. Mainly younger and all they do is babble on endlessly about their kids. Well only 7 more days of listening to that.
I belong to some garden groups but haven't gone to meetings this summer as I have been too busy.
I don't have a problem of talking to people as I've taught a number of garden classes over the years.
Back in 1999 I went to England with a local group of gardeners and I didn't really no anyone on the trip when I started. Now 6 yrs later while I don't see lots of the people very often our friendships are still intact!!
But I'm okay-I'll call my mom or my sister if I need to talk to someone really badly!!
At this stage in my life I was getting burnt out from my job and really believe that my life will be changing for the better starting next month.
So find an activity you like-join a club!!!

amandaofcols

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't think you're strange. I'm 23 and would much rather stay at home with my DB, and May, than go out. I mean, it's nice every now and again, but for the most part I love being at home!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Amandaofcols

I don't think you're strange. I'm 23 and would much rather stay at home with my DB, and May, than go out. I mean, it's nice every now and again, but for the most part I love being at home!
I'm 21 and I think the last time I was at the bar was um...in June? HA! My boyfriend loves going out, and I let him, I would much rather stay at home, or hang out with my friends doing something without a large group of people. Me & my last boyfriend broke up b/c of that, b/c he was a socializer and I wasn't, we were just too different. He would be out drinking from Thursday night til Sunday morning, out til 4AM every night...but thats a whole different story, LOL!
Some of my friends arent 21 yet and they are the same way I am...not much of socializers!!

purity

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, I'm not weird after all!

I am much happier at home than in a social situation. I often make excuses not to go out to clubs and pubs and parties because I know I won't really enjoy it. I may have a laugh, but a big part of me will be wishing I was at home curled up in my pj's with the cats watching a film! I don't like making small talk, and I'm happy with the friends I already have. I get sick and tired of people telling me I should go out and 'enjoy' myself, and trying to set me up on dates. If I do go out I prefer it to be dinner with one or two people, I don't like big groups. I like my time alone, I like being single, just because it's not what many people like doesn't mean it isn't a valid way of life.

I think as I've got older I've become more forceful about doing what I want, rather than giving in and going to the pub on a Saturday because it's what people my age did. I'm an old fart at heart, and these days I'm happy to admit it instead of trying to fit in. Oh, and I'm 28 next month

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am 46, and I would always rather be at home. I used to go out a lot, but now I don't even make the effort any more. It seems like most of the people that I would like to see have gotten the same way. I have a friend that still bartends, and the last time I went to see her, this guy grabbed me, tried to kiss me and I ended up having to smack the crap out of him to get him away from me. I am much too old for that kind of foolishness, and every time I go out, some kind of idiocy goes on, and even if it does not involve me, (which it usually does not) I do not want to be anywhere around it. My cats are much better company than most people.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like to be at home more now that I'm getting older. I find that it relaxes me and that's what I really want. I enjoy the company of my animals to the company of most people. I have good friends I spend time with but I'm not into the bar scene (which now my friends have suddenly decided that they need to do) anymore. But will go on occassion, just to remind myself WHY I don't drink much anymore and WHY I prefer the company of my cats. I figure once a year is good enough for me and I keep it that way. I had my fun when I was younger and now I love my life as it is, so I see no need to change it.
Don't worry, you're just realizing that you like the company your animals versus the company of people you aren't familiar with. It's not being antsocial, it's being finicky!