What Is Wrong With Gizmo?

meow meow

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a "single kitty" and three weeks is actually not that long to use the same litter as long as it is clumping litter. I change mine once a month and it still doesn't smell when I do it (just make sure there is enough litter in the pan so kitty isn't peeing directly on the pan).

Well, all I can say is I am glad Gizmo stopped but I sure hope it doesn't start up again in a different place. It is best to nip these problems in the bud because I believe that it can become a learned behavior over time (even if it is caused by a UTI). You have always mentioned what a nice, affectionate kitty Gizmo is so I hope you don't have further problems. If she does do it again, please consider a vet visit.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gizmocat

Okay, that about tears it. I'm tired of self appointed 'experts' telling me that I don't deserve to own a cat.
Have fun playing, I've got much better things to do with my time.

Bye!
I think you will find that the reason people will tell you to take your cat to a vet is that we are not experts, we do not know all the details of your cats medical history and we can not 'see' what is going on - so rather than give bad advice, we give you the best advice we can - see a proper expert.

As far as I am concerned, if it is enough of an issue for someone to post about, they are obviously worried enough that it would warrant at least a call to their vet.

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Um yeah.. if my cat were peeing outside the box the first thing I'd do was get her in for a urinalysis to rule out an infection. It's a simple procedure. Then go from there. Doesnt seem like you really want anyone's advice and wondering why you asked for it.