What is this/Update on Juno's Wound

Rsea

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
IMG_7810.jpeg
image000000.jpeg
I I found this hole on my cat with a bald patch around it.. Any idea what it could be?

Emmypeps

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Where is it located? It could be many things, best advise would be to contact your vet. Best of luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rsea

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Where is it located? It could be many things, best advise would be to contact your vet. Best of luck!
It's located near his neck, right beside his left armpit.

Emmypeps

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would say an allergy as most cats will create bald spots on themselves when they have an irritation. The hole however is puzzling and in my opinion concerning. Did this happen suddenly? How is your cats behavior?

Rsea

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would say an allergy as most cats will create bald spots on themselves when they have an irritation. The hole however is puzzling and in my opinion concerning. Did this happen suddenly? How is your cats behavior?
It was very sudden, he is acting normal and it is not bleeding but is it possible it could be a puncture wound?

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Does your cat go outside? Could she have gotten into a spar with another cat?

Cats often go for the neck in a spar.

Rsea

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Does your cat go outside? Could she have gotten into a spar with another cat?
There is this one cat that does usually get into scraps with, but it's usually nothing serious..

Rsea

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It looks like a bite wound to me, get her to the vet to have it checked out, these often get infected.
I'll get him checked out as soon as i can because there is no vets open where i am at the moment. Thank you so much for the help :)

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I agree that this is concerning and needs your vet's attention. Please don't wait since it can get infected and become more serious. If there are no vets open now where you live can you bring the cat to a veterinary emergency clinic? Regarding your cat getting into scraps as you put it - did you mean with other outdoor cats or your own cats?

Rsea

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I agree that this is concerning and needs your vet's attention. Please don't wait since it can get infected and become more serious. Regarding your cat getting into scraps as you put it - did you mean with other outdoor cats or your own cats?
Other outdoor cats.

Mac and Cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Does he go outside? Is it just one hole? If it's just one hole, it could be a bot fly.

Rsea

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
IMG_7858.jpeg
So it looks like the hole closed up so that’s good but the bald patch is getting bigger and I see a lot of black spots, what does this mean?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Just out of curiosity, did you bring Juno to the vet as recommended? I'm sorry but he really needs to be seen by a vet for medical care and treatment since we are unable to give medical advice. Please follow up with your vet. Thinking of Juno. :sickcat:

Emmypeps

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just out of curiosity, did you bring Juno to the vet as recommended? I'm sorry but he really needs to be seen by a vet for medical care and treatment since we are unable to give medical advice. Please follow up with your vet. Thinking of Juno. :sickcat:
concerned as well if Juno hasn’t seen a vet yet. This is urgent.