What is this stinky stuff she is getting on me?

lunalover

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone, been a while!

So Luna is 2 years old now, absolute soulmate.
Anyways, now and then she does something to me...
She gets this weird expression on her face, and kind of pauses for a few seconds...and then I smell it...I don't know how to explain it, it's kind of smells like her butt/drool/distinctive cat smell, but super super super concentrated - and it doesn't go away.

If it gets on my clothes I have to wash them - sometimes twice - to get the smell out. And I can't leave them lying around either, because the smell is so strong.
If it gets just on me, I have to shower and seriously scrub like nuts to get it off me.

She doesn't do it to anyone else but me, and I don't think she does it on purpose or can control it. And she kind of gets this look on her face afterwards like "oops".

Does anyone know what this is or why it happens? She's neutered and completely healthy otherwise...

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Smells like feces a bit but horribly wrong? If so, that would be her accidentally expressing her anal glads. It's nasty and a smell not easily removed because it's basically an accumulation of toxins.

Carefully! life her tail and look at her butt. Do you see to little dark spots - one on each side? If they're dark like that she might not be properly expressing them when she uses the litter box. This can be caused by her stools being too soft or a problem with the glands.
Also some cats will express them a bit when excited (from butt clinching?
) and if you accidentally pat them a bit firmly above their tails.

Simply make a vet visit to make sure they're not overly full because it can become a serious health problem.