What is this on my cat’s nostril?

saraandmaxi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi - I recently noticed this on my cat’s nostril. It hasn’t been there long, maybe less than 2 weeks. Any idea what it is? He recently started 5 mg daily of Prednisolone for IBD. He’s been on that for about 7 weeks. Not sure if there is a correlation, but I thought maybe given the timing. He doesn’t care when I touch it. It’s the same color as his nose pad.

I guess it’s not actually the nostril. Looks more like the nose pad in general.

Attachments

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm not really seeing anything. Can you be more specific about what/where to look, although I'm not sure we will be able to tell you anything anyway. We are not Vets here.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you're talking about the little round ball on the left of the nostril, it's a crusty. Just wipe it off.

Emmypeps

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Have you tried gently wiping it? Or is it a growth? If your baby is acting normal I wouldn’t think it would be super urgent to see a vet, however that’s always a safe bet. My kitty Rue has been on that steroid for months and had no such side effect, I don’t think the two are correlated, but only a professional can be sure.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It almost looks like a tiny piece of skin. If you're worried keep an eye on it and if it changes color or size give your vet a call.