What is this on my card head?

Marie553

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I'm new. I have 5 fur babies. 2 are my kitties, stick the ginger I rescued off of the side of the ride cause someone threw him out of moving vehicle. He is the sweetest lil man. Then there booger, my monster tuxedo Manx. He was so tiny when I seen him in an older ladies hands.that year I was working the state fair and they had a lot of trouble out of feral cats and the city was catching them and putting them to sleep. She said she found him in a bush and was happy I wanted him because she was homeless. Needless to say, she was given free meals whenever she came by. Booger stands 25 inches weighs just shy of 40 lbs. No he isn't fat. He is a big boy. And he knows it. And loves to pick on everyone in the house and beat up everything else. But I'm getting off track here.
He is 8 years old and around 2 I guess, a tiny knot start forming on the top of his head. Like a pimple sorta. Over the years, the pimple like thing grew and grew. It's about the size of a small child finger nail. It looks like a tick cause of the color. He acts like it hurts him if I accidently rub his head the wrong way. I gave him a nickname, "ol' knothead"
Does anyone have a clue what it may be? Hopefully the photos are clear enough to see.

Attachments

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome.
The photo isn't much clear, but it seems a fat cyst to me. Can you get a better photo and send it to your vet?
If it's so, then you shouldn't be much worried. Many of them disappear on their own after a few days. You can also have it removed, but it might be an unnecessary stress for your cat.
If it isn't a cyst, the your vet will tell you more.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So it formed 6 years ago? Has it changed or grown at all? Has the vet said anything about it?

It may just be a harmless growth, but the vet really should confirm that. And even if it's harmless, if it bothers him it may be worth having removed.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. From what I read that you posted, it started 6 years ago and had grown in size - it is also bothersome to him when it is touched. It could be a cyst/benign tumor or something along those lines - and many times there is no need to do anything about it. But, the fact that it bothers him warrants having it checked out by a vet. It could be growing inward as well as outward and may be causing some pressure against his skull - especially when you touch it - that would explain why it seems to hurt him then.

Have you taken him to a vet before? If so, did you ever mention it to them? I would ask you if it is hard or soft, and does it move or is it unmovable, but I don't know if you want to deliberately touch it to find out, or wait for the vet to do so. At any rate, please have it checked out by a vet.