What is this bump on my cats face?

Dirgemama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Let me start by saying, this spring up very quickly.
I noticed his face looked off around Feb. 20th and today is March 20th.
I took him to the vet March 3rd, their main guess is it’s a tooth root abscess.
they gave him a dose of Antibitoc shot to last 2 weeks. He’s been sneezing snot out of both nostrils and his eye was more weepy above the bump. Its slowly started him to drool slightly on that side and it’s gotten a little bigger I believe.
took him back to the vet for another round of antibiotic shot, and to schedule his dental procedure to remove the tooth that’s causing this.
His blood work is great, he’s had IBD his whole life so his white blood count is always a little higher than regular, (from the inflammation)
But they doctor said that she’s pretty confident it’s a tooth root abscess. Since he’s eating and drinking normally, and he isn’t pawing at his face.
He actually has been gaining weight now that his thyroid is under control. He’s scheduled this Tuesday for the dental procedure but im a hypochondriac and just worry.
It’s been Harder for him to chew on that side of his face now in the last 3 days, so they gave me kitty pain meds until his surgery date.
Here’s a pic of his face
8CCAFF63-CCA8-4302-9F44-5A8121023A0B.jpeg

I’ve had this baby since he was 3 weeks old, he’s currently almost 16. But they said he’s a good candidate for anesthesia which I was concerned about. I just feel bad I can tell it’s hurting him more, what with the hard food being difficult to eat (but he pounds wet food like it’s his job) and he’s been sleeping more with the pain meds/being in pain in general.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd give the cat just the canned food to eat for now. Just be sure the canned food is a complete balanced diet, not one of those treat / complement type foods. And make sure to feed more canned food than normal to make up for the calories the cat isn't getting from dry food.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Get some lickable treats too, cats will lick them up when they won't eat anything else. My 15-year-old cat underwent surgery for an abscess in his shoulder and came through fine, sometimes they can use lighter anesthesia on a geriatric cat. Please don't worry, he'll be fine. I'll pray for your little boy, he'll feel so much better getting rid of that tooth!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dirgemama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Get some lickable treats too, cats will lick them up when they won't eat anything else. My 15-year-old cat underwent surgery for an abscess in his shoulder and came through fine, sometimes they can use lighter anesthesia on a geriatric cat. Please don't worry, he'll be fine. I'll pray for your little boy, he'll feel so much better getting rid of that tooth!
Thank you, I’m sure you’re right. I love him so much I just need to stay positive