What is the worst gift you ever received?

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, it is hard to say because I care so much about the thought that comes from gifts and I'm even a bit sensitive about it even if I think the gift is frighteningly ugly.

I can think a couple, though.
From my grandma. It was a sleeveless gold woolen turtleneck sweater with glitter covered all over it. It was itchy and scratchy and horribly uncomfortable, but most of all hideous. I still keep it in my room at her house, though, and I appreciate the thought!
I sure made a huge fuss over how cute it was in front of her, though.

Hmm....dress with tomatoes all over it.
A badly fitting sleeveless shirt, black and white striped complete with plaid bows on the shoulders.

mystiquesmummy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Worst gift I ever got was a pen and calculator set - the plastic thing it was in was cracked and the pen had someone else in the familys name on it! Worst thing was the person I recieved the gift from spent about 100 bucks on gifts for other grandchildren and maybe 5 dollars on mine and my siblings so unfair

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I really had to think about this because most of the presents I've gotten have been pretty good.

One just popped into mind, though. And it was from my grandmother who always had excellent taste in clothes (even got me a red leather studded belt when I was a teen in the 80s because she knew I was into metal - how cool is that for a grandmother!). But man did she miss it one year... She got me a red, fully sequined beret and a yellow/gold, also fully sequined, stretch belt.
As far as I know, that was never in good fashion taste. I could have understood it if it was 1977 instead of 1987. It was just BAD!

roimata

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
HAHA my mom used to buy me movies that ive never seen.....it was odd and a waste of money.

And my grandma always used to buy me weird, creepy, cheap dolls from the dollar store....until I was like, 14 LOL she also bought me weird baby books despite my age.