What is the weirdest thing your cat loves to eat?????

noni

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Pengy and Pie are unknown...Pie because I've never caught her in anything untoward, and Pengy for the same reason.

The others, though, are a different story.

Charlotte really loves to eat fruit. It doesn't matter, whatever fruit I am eating she tries to steal. I've seen her eat bananas, oranges, apples, grapes (a big no-no, I know), cantaloupe and honeydew. She just loves fruit.

Esse will eat anything, including toffee. She tends to go for salty things, rather than sweets, but last night I caught her eating toffee. She likes peanuts, almonds, and pistachio shells - again, I am sure for the salt.

Simon eats whatever he can get his paws on. Plastic bags he loves - but he just loops them around his neck...LOL. It's his purse. His most recent oddities are pretzels, lettuce, spinach, and just tonight he discovered red kidney beans.

Cats are so odd and wondrous....who'd'a thunk a cat liking kidney beans?????

Best-
Michele

diane8704

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Smudge likes green beans, all three like potato chips, and if I am not watching them when I make homemade pizza, it disappears!!

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I don't know about strange but both my boys LOVE pretzels. Gandalf loves anything sweet so the once in a blue moon that I have ice cream he usually gets to lick the bowl. Samwise will try just about anything as long as you hand feed him but the second you put it in his cat food bowl he's not interested.

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chuckie loves marshmellows...though I only let him have a couple of licks!

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dori doesn't ever want to taste people food. She always jumps up to me when I am eating but all she wants to do is smell it. I let her sniff at it for a second and then she has no interest. The only thing she has ever really tasted is bread and she loved it.

Oh I almost forgot, York Peppermint Patties. She is not allowed to have them since the chocolate is toxic to cats, but once she snuck one out of the candy dish and was under my bed frantically trying to get to the peppermint in the center

sandysmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
sandy loves bananas (my boyfriend has dropped a piece on the floor a couple times and she races for them every time) and she like to bat around grapefruit peel.

skyclad72

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Merlin loves to eat spiders. He'll just bat them off the walls onto the floor and he's got himself a quick snack.

The most disgusting thing he eats however is Dried White-bait. You can buy them here in England as kitty treats. Basically they are small dried whole fish (about the same size as your little finger) - with eyes and tail intact. Trust me - they STINK !
He knows he's been a very good boy to get some of those as my wife wont touch them and pulling them out of the packet makes me gag. They're his favourite !

Freya is a feline dustbin and will eat anything, but cheese is her favourite.

yangdemei

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mitts doesn't really "do" people food. However, he LOVES
sashimi and any kind of dried squid. Both stink to high heaven for those of us that do not touch fish like stuff, but he loves it.

Oh, and on the olive thing, my dad's cats love them, too. weird!

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chichi loves spaghetti-O's and Murphy likes bread & cheese
WIERDOS!!!!!!

charlie'smommie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Around our place the favorite snack is probably popcorn... but it HAS to have butter on it or they turn up their noses.

Charlie LOVES brocolli (he begs for it and tries to steal it off your plate), and he also likes green beans, niblet corn, carrots, rice, lettuce, chips (but not Salt & Vinegar) and pretty much any meat he can gets his paws on.

Casey is a big fan of chips and rice.

The funniest thing I have ever seen is Charlie trying to eat a Salt&Vinegar chip... he made the wierdest face.

kaleetha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Kanoe loves to chew cardboard (she doesn't eat it) and will sniff people food that she's interested in, but won't eat it.

Captain absolutely loves cheese and cooked spagetti.

Toulouse likes vanilla yogurt. *shake of the head* Weird kitties!

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Zissou was a stray by the downtown bars here (read: spent two months eating bar trash and beer vomit) , so she eats strangeness. She only ever gets pencil-eraser size bits every now and again, but. She loves tomatoes, hot peppers, and broccoli. She rolls around on carrots like they are catnip. She licks ketchup off the plate. She has liked everything offered except peanuts. She likes mint too which seems weird to me. Obviously she loves cheese, etc. I am a vegetarian, so she doesn't get human meat food. (No, I don't think she should be a vegetarian too, don't worry). Also, Riced Krispies, olive oil, pizza crust.

A cat I lived with awhile ago used to dump the pizza box over to get to the banana peppers. Not the pizza--the banana peppers. He ate the whole thing.

Hopefully none of these are bad for her. She doesn't get very much of them?

sbw999

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
small insects...Hobbs hunts them, bats them around, and has a snack

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boys will eat anything....Billy will do whatever it takes to get at what you're eating, including standing up his full height on his back feet and trying to pull himself up from this position onto your plate way above his head!

They have tasted and wanted more of: rice, dried cranberries, banana chips, apples (Chay only, not Billy), chees, Cheese Whiz, and I'm sure there's other things that I'm missing. The first time Billy ever growled at Chay was over a bit of pizza crust, which they go crazy over!

They have tried to get at: fruit salad, every single dinner/lunch item I have ever had. I have tried to constantly remind them that they are obligate carnivores and therefore should have no interest in vegetables and fruit, but so far, they haven't believed me.

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Green olives and string.
I usually don't give my cats any table food, but lately I have been giving them a bit of plain chicken or fish on occasion. They love it. They try to get in my milk glasses and whenever I bring home Taco Bell, Smudge practically attacks me for it, although I don't know why since I've never given it to her.

miyas_mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Miya's not so much into human food, either, but on rare occasions, she will eat Indian food, namely tandoori chicken. She also likes margerine.

The cat at my father's work loves cheesecake!

jeanor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to have a cat that went bananas over yogurt.

None of my current cats eat people food, but I did offer Boogs and Gracie a small piece of bologna the other day and none of them knew what to do with it.

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jeanor

I used to have a cat that went bananas over yogurt.

None of my current cats eat people food, but I did offer Boogs and Gracie a small piece of bologna the other day and none of them knew what to do with it.
Haha! Thats what Chichi does when I give her lunchmeat-she looks at me like, this did'nt come out of a can

abigail

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Latitude: 45° 31' North Longitude: 122° 39' We
this is a great thread. Abi likes eating small dust kitties and thin white paper. never colored or newsprint or glossy magazines. just plain white printer paper or adding machine roll paper. Mostly she shreds it but every now and then I see a piece disappear down the mouth. I think she would eat the scrunchies too if I didn't supervise her.

I love the dragging the pizza story.