What is the weirdest thing you seen your cat eat?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Garter snake tails! Actually, Jamie will eat almost any kind of bug or lizard he can catch, but he seems to eschew rodents. He'll kill them, but he won't eat them.
This year he has discovered strawberries.
What's really weird is that all the cats in the neighborhood seem to love cranberries and raspberries, which we have in our garden, but none of them (except Jamie) have touched the strawberries yet. The raspberry plants are very prickly, yet we constantly find cats stripping them of fruit.
Other strange things he likes are mushrooms, beer (we only get the alcohol-free type, so I guess it won't hurt him to slurp a little), and mashed potatoes.
My mom's cat goes out of her mind over coffee - you have to "guard" your coffee cups around that house!

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

......beer (we only get the alcohol-free type, so I guess it won't hurt him to slurp a little)......
I didn't know there was a non-alchoholic beer!? That's neat! Hopefully that prevents alot of drunks out there!

royalenchntrss

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
finnegan i thought would eat just about anything he could get his paws on but the other night he was sniffing after my cauliflour salad and its got apple vineger in it.. well he didnt like that smell at all!! LOL

blondiecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow there are a lot of strange appetities for all these furbabies
Let's see
The Sammycat will eat any type of meat but shrimp, he hates shrimp.....go fiqure that one
He will smell of it and then try to cover it like it's something from the litterbox

Now Oscar he is a different story all the way around. Not only does he likes all meats, but he likes peanut butter, pickles(dill), potato chips, raw potatoes, baby carrots(raw) cornbread, lettuce and a whole bunch of other things that I can't think of right now. Personally I think that Oscar can remember when he was a skinny little kitten trying to survive at my hubby's place of work and eating anything he could get his little mouth on
Poor baby was about starved to death when Ken brought him home.