What is the scariest...

erinandseamus

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Another wuss over here. I haven't watched many scary movies since I was a kid, and even then, not many. I've never seen a Friday the 13th movie, only the original Halloween and Nightmare movies. I remember being terribly scared by 'Something Wicked This Way Comes' and Children of the Corn as a child. To this day, I hate being near cornfields. Something about the rustling noises and not being able to see into them.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

I love Saw 1,2 and 3.Three is by far the best one!!!!
I actually haven't seen Saw 3 yet. We missed it in the regular theater and in the cheapy $3 theater by our apartment. Now its so far down our Netflix list that Saw 7 will probably be out by the time we see it.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL!!! I bought it to add to my collection.My hubby won't watch it with me.So, I watch them at night by myself.He says they are not his kind of movie.He prefers action/advernture like Mission Impossible and stuff like that

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I adore scary movies, but I like some of the ones that have more of a eery psychological twist to them...

My favorites being-

Session 9 (oh my lord, how disturbing was this movie??????)

The Changeling (a really creepy early 80's movie starring George C. Scott, who I really love...a great ghost/haunting story)...

Don't Look Now (just kind of wierd...but kind of creepy, too!)

I also love The Exorcist (and the Exorcist 3...also has George C. Scott), The Omen (the original), The Shining (with Jack Nicholson), and I bow down to the gore and fearlessness of the newer movie, Hostile. Oh, and The Blair Witch Project really bothered me too...

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never even heard of Session 9 but after reading a review on imdb I'm well up for it- thanks for the heads-up wookie130

Nice to see Don't Look Now get a mention, I find the beginning deeply distrurbing, and reminds me very much of a short story by Frederick Brown

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like scary, thriller movies, but not the slasher flicks. I thought Freddie was pretty cool though. I loved his one liners and how he played on the person's biggest fear.

This is going to sound dumb, but I think Cujo is the scariest movie I ever saw. I love dogs, but for some reason ALL of my nightmares I have ever had have included dogs. That and I saw it when I was in elementary school at a friend's house, and her dad thought it would be hilarious to sneak up and scream at the most intense part of the movie.
And then we scared ourselves playing the movie in her mom's car.
Yeah, we were dumb kids.

The creepiest movie I've seen is House of 1000 Corpses. If I ever meet Rob Zombie, I'm just going to ask him, "Dude, are you seriously that messed up?" That one gave me the creeps.

Most of the others mentioned that I've seen didn't bother me. Amityville and Poltergeist I thought were dumb because - WHY would you stay there?? The Exorcist was interesting, but it didn't scare me. The Omen - again, the kid's trying to kill you and he has 666 as a birthmark - come on! Leave the little beast in the middle of the wilderness or something! And Blair Witch was just stupid, IMO. Didn't freak me out at all. I can't be scared by something that I don't think is realistic, I guess.

And I just love the serial killer movies to look at the psychology and if they did their homework on the profile. American Psycho was brilliant!

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

I know! I was raised Catholic so the Exorcist is one of the scariest movies of all time.
Yup! I will agree the Exorcist till this day reminds me how vulnerable we really are and how sometimes the scariest things are not what we find in our closets or under the stairs but what we find in our heart or what there is a lack of in our hearts.
CREEPY! i saw it when I was ten and had to sleep with a light on for a very very long time...what a weenie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Common guys???? Am I really the only one that was freaked out by Candyman?

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Arachnophobia Oh My god I forget this one liked to scared me to death I cant stand anything like that, if someone touches you when your not looking holy smoke I will come out of my clothes and I mean it I don't care where I am either or who's around.

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by IloveSiamese

Common guys???? Am I really the only one that was freaked out by Candyman?
Well of course you couldnt get me to say Candyman in ther mirror EVER, it was a pretty scary movie and I do remember covering my eyes often so i wouldnt be scared...that might have affected rather or not i really thought it was scary since..well I didnt really see it

But the idea of the whole move is really freakyscary!

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I stopped watching scary movies pretty much after I saw The Ring because I can't handle it anymore!

One that really stuck with me was Poltergeist. Eep!
I watched it during the broad daylight, was a college student, but alone; it freaked me out. This was a number of years ago and I still get creeped out when I think about it.

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got finished watching The Hitcher remake a little while ago

It was good, not really scary(more of a sit on the end of your seat/whats gonna happen kind of movie), and just the right amount of gore

I enjoyed it, and am looking foward to watching it again.

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was talking to my daughter, Naomi, about this thread a couple of days ago since she is a big scarry movie buff. She's pretty much seen most of the pics listed here and probably owns most of them as well. However, there's one that in her opinion tops all the rest. A movie called The Descent...she says its the scariest one she's seen thusfar...of course, she LOVES it!

Hilda >^..^<

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was going to borrow that off a friend today, but I couldn't remember what it was about. I should go back and get it from him tomorrow.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Descent is actually a REALLY good movie, but it steals a lot of stuff from Predator and doesn't even give credit to it in any of the special features on the disc...

The ending is also one that a lot of people debate, but I won't ruin that for anyone that hasn't seen it. It made me jump a lot, so I give it two thumbs up!

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep that's sorta what Naomi said...its not all gorey or like a bunch of teenagers getting slashed and whatnot. She said it was a very GOOD scarey movie. She wanted me to watch it with her...uh no thanks mija!
We went and watched Charlotte's Web instead...that's more my speed

Hilda >^..^<