What is the next step? Peeing outside the box

epwv82

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have 10 cats. The latest addition, who joined my home 4 years ago as a semi-feral 10 week old kitten, has been peeing outside the box randomly for about two years. For the last year or so, he has been marking constantly. He has been seen by 2 different vets, had several urinalysis, bloodwork, kitty prozac and a few other crazy pills, Feliway, crating, confinement, Cat Attract litter, spray from Petco thats supposed to keep them from marking, etc etc etc. Last night, I came to the end of my proverbial rope, when I went to the basement, which we rarely go in, and found the whole front of an entertainment center and the bottom of a floor model big screen tv covered in pee. The speakers were soaked, as well as the handles rusting and the finish is peeling off the wood. The only thing that kept me from throwing him outside was the fact that I couldn't catch him. I have calmed down overnight, but obviously, this is going to keep happening, and I'm not quite sure where to go from here. I'm not a virgin cat owner, I have had multiple cats for the last 11 years. All indoor only, all vetted and spayed/neutered, and not a single one of them has ever peed outside the litter boxes. I have 10 litter boxes i the basement, and 6 upstairs. I know you're supposed to have equal amounts for the cats, but my upstairs just wont hold anymore boxes.  Ideas? Advice?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

epwv82

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Every day. He was fine the first two years of his life.