What is the most daring thing you've ever done?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A cobra???? I can't believe it; that beats Kellye's haggis!

catsplay.com

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When I was in college, I (and my friends, I was the ringleader) impersonated reporters and got into press conferences with Kenny Rogers (multiple times!). This started a 10 year stretch of freelance celebrity photography and interviewing (and obsession with Kenny Rogers!)

I also 'retired' from my career of 18 years in banking three years ago to be a full time Internet entrepreneur, which was pretty daring in a lot of ways.

Here's me (24 years ago or so...!) and Kenny

lauralvscats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
After I graduated high school, I moved out west. I packed everything I owned into 4 bags and hopped onto greyhound. Over 1600 miles later, my sister's childhood friend, who lived about 45min away from the University of Utah, came and picked me up from the station. She took me to get some food and groceries, then dropped me off at my dorms and left. There I was almost 2000 miles away from my family and friends. It turned out to be one of the greatest decisions I ever made, but I think it was pretty daring to take such a leap of faith.

P.S. Nora, I too have rheumatoid arthrits. I was diagnosed at 19 (i'm now 22). It takes a lot of adjusting, and you can't do all the things you used to, but there's still lots of things you can do. It took a while for my husband to understand my limitations, but he's so supportive and understanding now. Just focus on the things you are able to do, and don't let it hold you back

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Geez Laurie, that beats my stories hands down LOL!
I was a good girl I guess. All I did was go white water rafting and I hate the water! I can swim but I can't stand the water I just don't like the feeling of water covering my head in anyway. I know I'm strange. We went to Disneyland when I was younger and some guy tried to trade a case of wine to my parents for me and my sister, cause that's how they did it in his country. Also my sister gave some tour guide our hotel phone number and he called and got my mother!(what can I say we were teenagers! we weren't afraid of anything!)I also drove a rental car in rush hour traffic in Florida at the age of 14 and had no problems with it.(my mom however had to have her fingers pried off the ceiling of the car! LOL!)I also moved out on my own at the age of 17 with no money and no job. that was not only stupid that was something I think I will regret for the rest of my life since I could've stayed living at home, gone to college for free, and probably had a better life but I was stupid and stubborn. my mom and I got into a fight, I left never looking back for the longest time. Finally one day I realized that I was stupid, called my mom, apologized and since then we've become good friends again. I know now that she's the one person I don't want to live without. I will never do anything to hurt her again.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Eeva - my dad was born in Invercargill...I hate that place, we always go there for family reunions - our ancestor was the man who founded it....
its toooo cold there LMAO

cassandra_starr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The most daring thing I ever did was stop an armed robber in a drug store I worked at. It was pure adrenaline(sp).

I was in the back of the store restocking the vitamins (UGH)! It was 10:30, and we were closing in 30 minutes. A guy came in armed with a gun, and had a big brown bag. I heard him yelling, and the woman behind the counter (She was in her 70s)was getting really scared and was crying.

I took 3 years of karate and he had his back to me. I snuck up on him, smashed a champagne bottle on his head, kicked the gun away and once he was down some of the photolab technicians helped me pin him down while 911 was being called.

I got 'employee' of the month for that, but I was really stupid to do it. I wasn't thinking, I was just acting on adrenaline and hoping to get his attention off of the poor cashier.

If I had to do it over again, I wouldn't have done it. I woulda just found a phone and dialed 911 and gave a description.

eeva

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey Invercargill is a good place. Although at one point I did wish it was bigger, because it seems everyone knows everyone else in some way. lol And it is NOT cold! That year they had an unusually cold winter, with a bit of snow (I was on a trip on North Island at the time) and my host mom took pictures of it for me. lol I'm from Finland, our winters get much colder and much snowier than you'd ever get there. Although the wind was something I was not used to...

sal

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My sister has moved to Scotland, and after many visits and lots of bottling out, I finally tried Haggis (the meal was actually chicken stuffed with haggis, so I wasn't that brave!)

I was amazed, it just tastes like sausages

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I threw everything I could fit into my saddlebags, got on my Harley, and left in the middle of the night from Georgia, and went to Jacksonville, FL. I worked there for awhile and left there rode to New Orleans and got a job. I stayed there for 9 months before I finally callled and let my family know where I was. I rode around for a few more months, and then I went back home. I was gone for almost 2 years. I had the time of my life!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sal, I think the appearance of haggis is what turned me off! Cassandra, you're a hero--instinct, adrenaline or not!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah - no kidding! I think Cassandra beats all of us for daring!!! Geez - you think they'd give you more than just employee of the month for that!!!!!

I did think of something else...

At 31 hubby and I quit our jobs, gave away just about everything we owned except for what could fit in the RV we'd purchased, and we hit the road. We knew we would earn a small amount of money each month for a little while by conducting research for the firm I worked for... but we didn't know we'd be able to turn it into a full-time thing that could support us. I think that was pretty brave! (It worked, too! ...and though employed by a firm now, we're still doing it and living in the RV
)