What is the likely culprit in this food that makes my kitty sick?

waddle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A while back I ordered Koha duck, lamb, and turkey shredded foods. They have very limited ingredients, which I need for my IBD kitty. However my other cat is having trouble with it. I had been feeding this and Dr. Elsey’s pate. Kitty was vomiting and had diarrhea. With time, I suspected it was the koha and stopped feeding it. Vomiting stopped and stools were much better. Tonight I mixed a small amount of the lamb with the dr elseys to test it out, and an hour or so later, she vomited again. Would it be the pumpkin? I know that is recommended for constipated kitties so it seems like the most likely culprit? Pics of ingredient lists attached.

Attachments

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Or it might be the Tapioca or Xanthan Gum. Many cats have issues with thickeners used in cat food, and both of those are thickeners. Are either of those in the Dr. Elseys?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

waddle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Dr elseys has agar agar.

I’m glad it was the koha as they don’t like that anyway. I’d been mixing a little in to try to use it up. It doesn’t seem to bother my other kitty so I’ll keep mixing it into her bowl as I still have about $50 worth of it!